The Party Beer Barrel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That font is great! where can i get me one of those ?

That font is great! where can i get me one of those ?

Thanks, My wife found it on eBay. I imagine that they would be a pretty rare find. This was sold by a guy who used to be a manager there. It made a very nice birthday present for me.

I've only seen them on the UK ebay (where I got mine from).

Nice work Doc - looks like a good little setup.

New rubber wheels/castors just acquired! The crappy green pot plant dolly will go and hopefully I can now fit an elbow to the drain plumbing.

Looks nice, I like the idea, I'll have to keep my eye out for a barrel.

Your idea of a flange to hole the top together is good, I would have tried to get it on the inside though so that it was recessed a bit and then you could use the cut out part as the blank for when you don't have font installed.

Still a neat idea I could see one of those getting a lot of use at a BBQ.

Looks nice, I like the idea, I'll have to keep my eye out for a barrel.

Your idea of a flange to hole the top together is good, I would have tried to get it on the inside though so that it was recessed a bit and then you could use the cut out part as the blank for when you don't have font installed.

Still a neat idea I could see one of those getting a lot of use at a BBQ.

Thanks Troy, I think I know what you are saying re the flange, however when you cut in, the top (that is made up of individual planks of oak squeezed together by the barrel outer and metal bands) simply falls apart. This combined with the holes that I made to start the jigsaw mean that the oak centre is unfortunately destined for the bin. There is a piece of the ply cut to the same size as the flange for weather protection. I suppose if I really wanted to I could now 'transfer the load' to a second flange placed on the inside and then remove the first.....

Very nice work there Doc. Pretty much what i had in mind when i was thinking of heading down this path.

Cheers SJ

I added bigger castors last week and can now fit an elbow on the drain:

4128761849_cc5428213a_b.jpg

M_D

Latest posts

Back