The Monk Fremantle And Their Ice Cream Sandwhich...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outbreak

Reaction score
So I went to the Monk Brewery in Fremantle on Friday night. Service was good, beer was ok, atmosphere really good, and the desserts

Beer:

IPA: Little to no nose, but had the right amount of bitterness and had ok hop flavour but could have done with more.

Porter: I loved this, heaps of bitter roasty flavours with a dark chocolate nose.

Food

I won't review the mains, they were good, however the reason I am writing this post is because of their Ice Cream Sandwich! It comes out wrapped in al-foil in a brown paper bag. The biscuit is made using their porter so you get these beautiful strong flavours with a hint of bitterness and the icecream is malted and all I could think of when I was eating it was boiling wort! It was the best dessert I have had in a long time and coupled with a middy of their porter I was one happy chappy.

Makes a pleasant change from their usual fare then.

Sounds interesting, I might have to give the icecream sandwitch a go.

I went there about 18 months ago, the service was terrible. Waitstaff were useless, the chef got pissed off with them also and almost stormed out, we left hungry after waiting over an hour for our meals that never showed up after numerous courteous reminders. The place was only 30% full. Hardly busy. Can't remember the taste of the beer, I was too shitty!

I hope they've sorted the joint out since then, sounds like they make an ok sandwich :D

I went there for lunch a few Saturday's ago and thought, the service, food and beers were all great!! I'd love to go back, if only I lived closer to freo...

Latest posts

Back