The Local Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccoullough1

Reaction score
Called into the local micro brewery today and got talking to the owner/brewer, he was very interested to know how things were done at my place as well as myself being interested in how he produced his beer.
Gave me tips and info, invited me down to give him a hand during his next brew day( will be gathering info).
Offered me to buy any of his grains/hops (very low price) at anytime.

So i say thank's to my local brewer. :beer:

So what's his name and what's the brewery? I reckon you should name names if it's a good news story.

So what's his name and what's the brewery? I reckon you should name names if it's a good news story.

I think he's said too much already,cheap grain and hops will be in jeopardy if he states the brewery ;)

Batz

Drop in occasionally to the Sunshine Coast Brewery and have beers and lunch with their talented brewer Ian Watson, great place to share beer talk and food. Ian lives and breathes beer as those of you who know him will agree. New ownership and new brewer are moving things in a good direction, love the English Bitter which is now on tap at the Pig and Whistle at Maroochy Plaza at Maroochydore and at The Penny Farthing Inn at Montville, views forever and great ale mmmmmmm!

I think he is happy to supply me with a small amount of grains etc, as i am trying my hand in partials.
Don't know how larger amounts would go down, might be a different business licence ?

He made comments that he was looking into fresh wort kits in the future, so this may open the doors for larger kg.
Did not mention his name as i did not want to be seen promoting his products,(did not think of search engines)

Drop in occasionally to the Sunshine Coast Brewery and have beers and lunch with their talented brewer Ian Watson, great place to share beer talk and food. Ian lives and breathes beer as those of you who know him will agree. New ownership and new brewer are moving things in a good direction, love the English Bitter which is now on tap at the Pig and Whistle at Maroochy Plaza at Maroochydore and at The Penny Farthing Inn at Montville, views forever and great ale mmmmmmm!
I have to agree Screwtop

Ian is very welcoming and is great for a chat about all things beer & brewing.

Love his Kristal Wheat. Haven't tried a pint of the Bitter yet - though I had a small sample when I visited the brewery. Unfortuantely had to drive that day. I believe it is on tap at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow in Bris too.

My mate has been into the Brewhouse in Brisbane and has spoken to the young brewers in there. He reckons they are very helpful as well.

Thats the great thing about brewers both small commercials and homebrewers - they are usually very generous with sharing information.

Cheers
Jimmy

yep the bitter is in the elephant and wheelbarrow in the valley, i think its on a beer engine too! tastes great!! even if the spiky haired twat behind the bar wasted 3 pints in froth to pour mine....

Back