The Last Time A Brew Really Excited You

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenewenger

Reaction score
Evenin all

I know moat brews a a lobour of love and the outcome is always worht the wait but when s the last time you were really excited about drinking one of Your brews.

On friday I bottled my Scottis 80/ and if the color and smell are worth going by I just cant wait to have one of these beers . I have made this before and always enjoyed it but this time I am really excited I have been to the cupboard many many times and just held a bottle up and loked at it , weird I know but the anticipation is killing .

Am I alone :p

Cheers
AW

Evenin all

I know moat brews a a lobour of love and the outcome is always worht the wait but when s the last time you were really excited about drinking one of Your brews.

On friday I bottled my Scottis 80/ and if the color and smell are worth going by I just cant wait to have one of these beers . I have made this before and always enjoyed it but this time I am really excited I have been to the cupboard many many times and just held a bottle up and loked at it , weird I know but the anticipation is killing .

Am I alone :p

Cheers
AW

ha pissa !!!

i bottled a scotch 80 last week also.....it smelt and tasted great out of the ferm!!!! Its the 1st one i have brewed and im not sure howlong i should leave it until sample day...wot do u recon mate?
:beer:

Um I can't think of the last time I wasn't excited (bar my recent encounter with the ol'bandaid flavour)

Scrumpy

I am going for four weks before I try it although there is the standard half bottle the was the lasst to be filled that could be cracked in two weeks

Let us know how Yours turns out

AW

Yeah, I'm still like a 5yo on Christmas Eve with every brew. But then again, a 5yo has more life experience than I have brew experience so I guess that's to be expected.

Yeah, I'm still like a 5yo on Christmas Eve with every brew. But then again, a 5yo has more life experience than I have brew experience so I guess that's to be expected.

I don't know, 6 years in I still get impatient to try mine every time...

In answer to the question I recently had a run of wild yeast infections, in the brewery, and the taste of the first one after 6 or so brews that didn't have the taint sure excited me...

My hazelnut brown too...

Happens a lot, which is why I have this hobby :)

Cracked a Helles and damn it's nice can't wait for it to be properly carbed! Bright, very pale, good malt/hops balance, all in all quite nice really.

Or using a new yeast strain for the first time and finding it's a cracker - that is a very satisfying feeling, and knowing you can get it again usually is even better

Evenin all

Cheers
AW

I reckon that the way this is presented the one you opened tonight is very good :D

I reckon that the way this is presented the one you opened tonight is very good :D

Great call Budwiser. :lol:

He could always click this thing

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back