The Joy Of Children

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
So my 4yr old goes to bed on thursday night, in bed 10 minutes then vomits everywhere, procedes to vomit every 1/2hr till he goes to sleep around 2am. Next morning the vomiting has stopped but he had the runs, I take a day off work to take him to the quacks, him fighting me all the way, while in the waiting room he messes his pants and I slap my head because I didn't think to bring spare ones. Doctor says it is gastro and to just let it run it's course. Friday was pretty uneventful till around 9pm when I suddenly though hmmmm, what's going on here, next thing I know I'm on the dunny with with it coming out of both ends, to make matters worse I was having a brew day on saturday. I was still going hard this morning when I rang all the guys to cancel the brew day, only just starting to feel human again now. The two year old got it but seemed to make very light work of it with just a couple of chucks, the missus got it today and is currently not having a good time. I realised you know you are crook when you have spew coming out your nose.
Dad ended up the worst off big time.

cheers

Browndog

Gotta love vomitting out your nose! Definately one of the finer things in life!!!
Lucky it was only gastro mate... Last time I was throwing up, I ended up in hospital for a month!

The joys of being single do whatever you want whenever you want and watch whatever you want to watch on TV and two fingers to everyone else.

Steer clear of 99% of the general population and never catch any of their dirty diseases.

Way to go :lol:

Hang in there bloke ! I feel for you with the waiting room scenario ! There is nothing quite like being stranded without nappies or wipes ! I did Fathers Day with my 8yo in Accident Emergency :)
Cheers
Doug

BD, I feel your pain, a house with young kids in it is a house of sickness, especially if they spend time with other kids at school/kindi/playgroup etc..... :(

My 3 year old keeps getting tonsilitis and has just spent 2 weeks with it, the missus has been sick for at least a month(maybe from smoking :ph34r: ) and my 8 year old always just seems to have a small snotty nose, Im the only healthy fooker in the house.... :D

Doesnt it just annoy you when everyone else is sick and you are fine.....

Hope everyone gets better BD, its good you got it in before the swap though....

:icon_vomit: CB

Ahhhh, been there for that one....Nothing like having to do 5 loads of washing in a day.....

As a result there are 3 words I hate hearing from my daughter.................

"Daddy. Poo. Foot"

We had an incident yesterday with Mr 2.5...(He is at the stage that he only wears nappies to bed, so its undies thru the day) He was riding his bike and decided to do a number 2 , whilst still riding, and he failed to say he did one. There is nothing worse than the smell of poo :icon_vomit: rubbed into a bike seat and all down his legs, so it was straight in the shower.

He currently averages about 3 showers a day, not including the one before bed..

So my 4yr old goes to bed on thursday night, in bed 10 minutes then vomits everywhere, procedes to vomit every 1/2hr till he goes to sleep around 2am. Next morning the vomiting has stopped but he had the runs, I take a day off work to take him to the quacks, him fighting me all the way, while in the waiting room he messes his pants and I slap my head because I didn't think to bring spare ones. Doctor says it is gastro and to just let it run it's course. Friday was pretty uneventful till around 9pm when I suddenly though hmmmm, what's going on here, next thing I know I'm on the dunny with with it coming out of both ends, to make matters worse I was having a brew day on saturday. I was still going hard this morning when I rang all the guys to cancel the brew day, only just starting to feel human again now. The two year old got it but seemed to make very light work of it with just a couple of chucks, the missus got it today and is currently not having a good time. I realised you know you are crook when you have spew coming out your nose.
Dad ended up the worst off big time.

cheers

Browndog

sheesh, that's bad one BD, the wife and I got food poisoning via a dodgy lobster in Yamba years ago, thank christ the kids didn't have any but I did have a hoot trying to look after the kids and the spew sodden wifey, whilst doing the vomit and kaka shuffle for about 4 days.

haven't touched lobster since :icon_vomit:

cheers

Yard

browndog. sympathies for you. sick kids are awful, they are horrible peop,e to deal with and you feel horrible cause u cant comfort them. its the shits (no pun intended).
actually what you described sounds like what i went thru last year before i ended up i hospital for a week. they never figured out wtf was wrong with me.

hope things are ok and you dont recycle it thru the family

my oldest boy started prep this year and seems to have bruoght home every kind of sickness known to mankind. last one he came home spewing and crapping but got over it in 2 days or so . i got it of him and ended up crook for 4 weeks and in 2 different hospitals(nthn hospital is useless ). ah the fun of it. cant wait now for the two year old to start school now and go through it all over again. :(

Thanks Jye, I've seen that one mate ;) The only thing of interest was to see how the kids stood up to it. Unfortunately the 4yr old turned into a whingy wimp. The other one who is still 4 months off 2 was surprisingly very stoic and took it all in his stride. I am happy to say we are all relatively back to normal now. I beg it does not come back for a long long time.

cheers

Browndog

Ahhhh, been there for that one....Nothing like having to do 5 loads of washing in a day.....

As a result there are 3 words I hate hearing from my daughter.................

"Daddy. Poo. Foot"

Thanks for a good laugh with this one! I'm still trying to work out what those three words could mean when said by a child.

Myself, my wife and our 2 kids have been lucky enough to get the Norwalk virus three times now. I know that it's something bad when my wife gets it because she almost never gets sick. I, on the other hand, come down with every damn sniffle that the kids bring home from school.

Then there was the time we got salmonella from some improperly cooked/handled KFC chicken. I remember sitting on the toilet, thinking to myself "Why the hell did I lock the door? They'll have to break it down to get me out because I don't have the energy to get up." That was the most sick I've ever been. Haven't been back to KFC either and never will.

The stories of everyone's kids reminds me of a conversation my friends and I had sometime after we were all married and started to have kids. My friend Dave observed that before he had kids, if he was in the shower and the curtain opened fun times were bound to occur. Now if he's in the shower and the curtain opens, he usually gets a poop smeared child thrust at him with one word uttered by his wife: "HERE!!!" ;)

It appears her body didn't like the lamb shanks from the night before. The nappy didn't quite catch the poo, well not all of it....
You can work out the rest.

Doesnt it just annoy you when everyone else is sick and you are fine.....
Feel like you're missing out on the fun, CB? Yeah but no. B)

Happy to have a reasonably cast-iron stomach here. Most gastro bugs pass me by with only a mild case of the runs. My wife however... she's got it at the moment, and the kids will probably be next. Hopefully sooner than later. (but hopefully not).

We had an incident yesterday with Mr 2.5...(He is at the stage that he only wears nappies to bed, so its undies thru the day) He was riding his bike and decided to do a number 2 , whilst still riding, and he failed to say he did one. There is nothing worse than the smell of poo :icon_vomit: rubbed into a bike seat and all down his legs, so it was straight in the shower.

He currently averages about 3 showers a day, not including the one before bed..

My youn'g bloke is about to start toilet training, I'm not looking forward to these moments at all. The 3 showers part made me giggle though

Latest posts

Back