The Gropener - one handed bottle opener

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundawake

Reaction score
Shit name, awesome product! Thinking about ordering one.

http://youtu.be/2geZbY8dWEo

Very cool. Would be great in a bar/event situation when you are opening bottle after bottle as it would leave your other hand free.

it's no more "one handed" than say, this:

bottle-opener-ring.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:

bottle-opener-ring.jpg
Can't really argue with that can we? And at a fraction of the price.... still. I'll probably order a gropener, as well as this thing. But then, I've always been terrible with money

soundawake said:
Shit name, awesome product! Thinking about ordering one.

http://youtu.be/2geZbY8dWEo

For $16 plus postage from the US I can make a full AG batch of beer. I know which one is better value. I think I can spare 2 hands for the 5 seconds it take me to open a bottle.

Liam_snorkel said:

bottle-opener-ring.jpg

I thought that too... until I watched the video.

How would you open a bottle one handed with your ring opener without holding the bottle between your legs or something else?

Florian said:

How would you open a bottle one handed with your ring opener without holding the bottle between your legs or something else?
well you're right, but you still need a table top to open it, and once the bottle is open you're left holding the bottle with that giant thing hanging off your hand. Are you supposed to leave it there, or take it off using your other hand? Hence why I said it's no more one handed.

Pffffffftttttttt. Wall mounted boTtle opener next to the BBQ is the best thing in my house. Don't even have to put down the tongs. Just have to hit up ebay for another one for the beer fridge and I'll be the happiest bloke on the sunny coast. Except for the crazy homeless bloke I see every morning. No idea what he's laughing at, but it must be funny.

I just use me teef, simple and also one handed

Just about 20k in dental costs

Seems like a case of trying to reinvent the wheel. That said, if you only had one arm this would be awesome. Not sure there are enough amputees in the world to make this a viable product though.

It's a nice bit of design.

I'm surprised no one trying to justify the cost with the opportunity of cap re-use it presents. Perhaps with the ghetto gropener?

bum said:
I'm surprised no one trying to justify the cost with the opportunity of cap re-use it presents.
Where's Brad when you need him?

Piss easy Florian (unless the caps are on extra hard).

bum said:
It's a nice bit of design.

I'm surprised no one trying to justify the cost with the opportunity of cap re-use it presents. Perhaps with the ghetto gropener?
bum said:
I'm surprised no one trying to justify the cost with the opportunity of cap re-use it presents.

Florian said:
Where's Brad when you need him?
Ha ha to be honest, that is the first thing I thought of when that was mentioned in the video. Pity I dont bottle any more, could have saved a few bucks there.

There's a cheaper way to reuse bottle caps though.

I always open bottles with the back of a fork at home, and it leaves the cap just the way it was sitting on the bottle before, so you can just pop it back onto the bottle with your hand and stick the bottle back in the fridge.
You'd need a bottle opener (or the back of a fork) to get the top back off the bottle, it's that tight.

I think I actually told you that a few years ago, Brad.

Where would one look if they wanted to buy such a crafty device?

Liam_snorkel said:

bottle-opener-ring.jpg

Back