• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

The Great Hunter Valley Beer Bottle Giveaway

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
OK!

Im getting rid of most of my bottles. I will keep enough to make a couple batches if i feel like it, or counter watsit filling or case swaps etc :)

There will be 2 lots of around 250 long necks and a few smaller bottles on offer.

I will have to count exactly how many will be on offer and take a picture for you all tomorrow night.

To give these away i thought it would be fun to play a game :)

we will play........... guess the number :party:

I will select 2 numbers between 0 and 1000. The closest to these numbers wins some free bottles.

I will pre select the numbers and inform Doc (havnt asked him yet...... hope thats ok?) of the numbers for security reasons.

In the event of a tie.... the number selected that is higher than the pre selected number will be the winner.

DON'T POST ANY NUMBERS UP YET!

I will count the bottles, and take a picture tomorow, and let Doc know of the numbers so there is no question of fairness.

sound like a good idea?

Let me know if your in nad i will let you know when to post your number up!

cheers

In. Might be a while before I could pick them up though...unless bulk freight comes into it?

- boingk

Sounds interesting Tony. That's an shet lot of longnecks!

How'd you end up with so many?

I might have a hundred or so, but they get rotated pretty quickly with all of them caseswaps and comps and such.

Anyway, put me down. Any excuse to drive up to Gods country will do me.

I origionally had 7 or 8 hundred. a lot have disapeared with people as giveaways and sent off to comps...... never to return.

I put an add in the local paper in Tamworth saying... wanted.... 750Ml beer bottles.

I had a ute load full by 9am for free. One bloke had over 3000 bottles and said...... take what you like :)

And i do want to move em out quickly, they are in the way of where the Kegorator will live. and they will be pick up only!

Shit.... late for work... more tonight :)

cheers

Spent a bit of time in the garage tonight and i had a few less than i origionally thought but will end up with 2 x lots of about 200 bottles. there will be a few 500ml euro botles etc but they are great IMO.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :p

Some have some old beers in them that wernt that great so i will empty them on the weekend and clean them out.

The bottles arnt spotless..... but they dont have dry yeast cake etc in them. All get rinsed out with hot water after pouring and drained dry on the sink. a few still have labels but not many. They are also a bit dusty from sitting around in the garage untouched for a couple years.

Now......... i have PM'd Doc with the numbers so he can confirm them it there is a dispute. If there is a dispute..... i take the bottles to the tip B)

I will also post a link to this thread in the HAG area very shortly.

You are now free to post up your numbers.

You may post 2 numbers between 0 and 1000 in this thread.... this gives you the chance to win both lots of bottles.
You are free to forfit your winnings if you win. The bottles will be given to the next closest number holder.
DO NOT PM ME. Only numbers made public in this thread will be considered.

I will anounce the winners next Friday night, the 6th November 2009.

Happy Guessing.

PS...... the shelves in the picture are not part of the deal :)

Bottles.jpg

:p

I will start a spread sheet to keep track of them

AH damn i thought you were giving away your new kegorator if we guessed teh right number

In the case Lots and Even More

Tom

AH damn i thought you were giving away your new kegorator if we guessed teh right number
If i drill a gas line and the freezer stops working..... you can have it mate :) minus the font etc :)

Back