The Gabba - A National Disgrace!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
OK so it may have been a bit wet in the last week, but that is no excuse for the lack of grass coverage on the Gabba.
What is it with these Queenslanders, Can't they grow grass?!?
Where is the DBM1!

Rant over
Cheers
Gerard

Must be 'Global Warming' Gerard :D

Not sure if Kev uses DBM1 anymore. I do know he tried to keep the rye going a little longer to cover through the Test, but alas no success. Didn't make any difference to our effort anyway <_<

Cheers.

Misc_3_October_2005_009.jpg

I guess not all cricket grounds can match the immaculate condition in which Hornsby Council presents Epping Oval each Saturday arvo!

Brett, I can't imagine that you would have to use these additives such as DBM1, it is like Polyclar for grass :)
Cheers
Gerard

I think I may have hit the ball better tonight at training compared to the way our lads batted...

Did the grandstand fall down too... or partial collapse... or am i hearing stories...?

Lets not pass judgement until we see how the keywees go... Though they didnt lose 3 wickets in their first 5 overs...

looked pretty green on the TV yesterday.

Think it was the covers and some awnings that blew away in the storm.

I think I may have hit the ball better tonight at training compared to the way our lads batted...

Did the grandstand fall down too... or partial collapse... or am i hearing stories...?

Apparently some tarps that are used for shade fell down.

looked pretty green on the TV yesterday.

Think it was the covers and some awnings that blew away in the storm.

I was listening to ABC radio, but the commentators were saying that the outfield looked a bit dodge because they top dressed a bit too close to the game.

Quite frankly what happened in the middle was the bigger disgrace :ph34r:

Lets not pass judgement until we see how the keywees go... Though they didnt lose 3 wickets in their first 5 overs...

Whaddya know... I was right!

Australia not brilliant, played well with the team we had though. Kiwis just not good enough!

I hope Watson gets dropped, keep him maybe for the ODIs and 20/20s; he can't bat, can't field and struggles to do anything decent with the ball. Bring back the Krejz, we need a frontline spinner with experience. We can't get that experience without playing him.

Latest posts

Back