The Foragers Drop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Struggling to get there due to school pickups and even worse, the wifey booked us in for a weekend away next week (well, good from a fishing perspective). Keen to drag a few of the boys down there for a sesh, Jesse. What are your opening hours after the big opening?

Will be Thursday Friday Saturday 12 till 1

Still working on who is covering shifts but we'll get there.

Shit of a weekend to go away, we're having tap rotations on the day, starting line-up will swap over at about 6pm and should have about 18 different beers going through... actual line-up I'm keeping somewhat quiet about till mid next week when I can lock it in but..

La Serene will be on in 2 forms,
Pirate life stout
Stone goto won't last the day rotating with pirate throwback.
Garage project Pernicious weed rotating with feral War Hog
Exit amber rotating with something
Bandicoot BIPA rotating with something
Liberty pilsner (Nom Nom) rotating with something..

Personally, I intend to down tools at the rotation and join the revellers on the other side of the bar.

Also.. For the closing, I may yet bring out a full vertical of Brewdog A, B, C, D, E, F and a bottle of old money... Possibly tipping off with Red velvet cupcake and abyss..

Sure, miss it mate, won't be Epic at all ;)

You, sir, are the devil incarnate.

Yum I reckon I have a face hole to suit.

Where to begin?

Firstly big thanks to Yob and Mrs Yob for the use of the bungalow and the morning coffee (truely a life saver after 2am RIS).

The good:)
  1. Starting from the Pils and working your way through the taps (right to left) is a wonderful journey, finishing with Bandicoote's Southern Courage, and by the time you get to that end, The bold depth and maltiness is a good palate cleaning change.
  2. Food options are fantastic (though some weren't delivering to the bar just yet, Yob is chasing that down this week). I tried the Vietnamese and it was not only good value and filling but bloody yum!
  3. The pale tap was down for the evening so samples had to be tasted to select a suitable replacement.
  4. The bottle shop downstairs: awesome (wall of stout! Damn!)

The Bad:(
  1. Yob has plans for more taps!!(not too soon I hope) The human body only has one liver, so multiple visits maybe required to get through the ever changing tap list.
  2. One should practice using chopsticks before trying to do so after 4 or 5 beers.
  3. The Pale tap was down for the evening, and suitable (sublime really) Pale replacement was found on first tasting!
  4. Those with little to no self control will need to avoid the bottle shop downstairs or face financial ruin.
  5. I need to move house.
  6. Yob still owes me a game of pool
Seriously; a great craft experience for both new and veteran craft drinker!
Will certainly be returning!

cheers
Mike

Where to begin?

Firstly big thanks to Yob and Mrs Yob for the use of the bungalow and the morning coffee (truely a life saver after 2am RIS).

The good:)
  1. Starting from the Pils and working your way through the taps (right to left) is a wonderful journey, finishing with Bandicoote's Southern Courage, and by the time you get to that end, The bold depth and maltiness is a good palate cleaning change.
  2. Food options are fantastic (though some weren't delivering to the bar just yet, Yob is chasing that down this week). I tried the Vietnamese and it was not only good value and filling but bloody yum!
  3. The pale tap was down for the evening so samples had to be tasted to select a suitable replacement.
  4. The bottle shop downstairs: awesome (wall of stout! Damn!)

The Bad:(
  1. Yob has plans for more taps!!(not too soon I hope) The human body only has one liver, so multiple visits maybe required to get through the ever changing tap list.
  2. One should practice using chopsticks before trying to do so after 4 or 5 beers.
  3. The Pale tap was down for the evening, and suitable (sublime really) Pale replacement was found on first tasting!
  4. Those with little to no self control will need to avoid the bottle shop downstairs or face financial ruin.
  5. I need to move house.
  6. Yob still owes me a game of pool
Seriously; a great craft experience for both new and veteran craft drinker!
Will certainly be returning!

cheers
Mike

Nice write up malt junkie!

For those interstate or can't attend, more photo's please.

Foragers internal.JPG

Recent and Semi recent finishing touches

Ok.. I figure you guys are the best to help out here cos youre all as fucked in the head as me..

One of the fetaure pieces in the bar is Dr Riktor (backdrop work pending)

Riktor.JPG

He's a fortune teller and I want to put a beer spin on him, he spits out cards with 'x' on them.. in a deck of 52 there will be a Stein, Pintys pots and specialty 'win' cards but I also want some 'bad fortune' cards..

example, "I see Bulmers in your future"

Suggestions for cards appreciated

Last edited:
Bad fortune would be a serious infection in you're brewery acetobacter

Latest posts

Back