The Cricket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramer

Reaction score
Looks like we can save this test easily! I think that SA should have batted a little longer and have a bit more of a total to bowl at!

Don't worry about saving it, they should win it easily if they keep going the way they are. SA may have been wise to bat for another 30 minutes to leave an achievable target but just a bit harder to make.

They'd have known how well the pitch was playing though. 1-0 being similar to 2-0 they would have wanted enough overs to have a chance at bowling Australia out. Even if the target - a record on the groud - was a little low.

Well done Aussies. Great innings Ponting!

That pitch really wasn't a 5th day pitch though - its really only a 4th day pitch (given the amount of time it was actually played on) and it never was a quintessential SCG wicket anyway, so I'm not really surprised the record for 2nd innings score to win was broken. That said, I agree, 1-0 or 2-0 is still a series loss for SA and I am glad they at least made a game of it. Even more glad the Aussies came home with a win though!

They didn't declare too soon. They estimated (a little underly) how long it would take to bowl Australia out.

Ricky Ponting is a cricket machine.

dickTed said:
Ricky Ponting is a cricket machine.
[post="101307"][/post]​

Kerry O'Keeffe today declared him our second best ever batsman. Better than Chappell at playing spin, better than Border. Being 27 I didn't see Chappell and obviously none of the greats before them. But Ponting's record makes a compelling argument.

Ponting - great cricketer, lousy captain. His conduct in England was disgraceful even to the point that him and Warne had a heated discussion.

Drederick Tatum said:
Ponting - great cricketer, lousy captain. His conduct in England was disgraceful even to the point that him and Warne had a heated discussion.
[post="101331"][/post]​
Couldn't agree more mate. I reckon Gilchrist would make a better captain, or even *gasp* Warnie (but his off field conduct precluded that from ever happening).

second the vote for Gilly :excl:

Mark Taylor was a brainy tactician and far exceeded Waugh and Ponting IM Most HO

My vote is for Warnie. The best cricket brain in the team. Punter for all his ability doesn't quite cut it as skipper.

Josh said:
My vote is for Warnie. The best cricket brain in the team. Punter for all his ability doesn't quite cut it as skipper.
[post="101361"][/post]​

I agree Warnie would be good as a captain! Maybe he might keep his mind on cricket than on women if he became captain!

That said he never brings his personal life into matches and is still bowling really well!

Vote 1 Warnie for captain!

Ireckon mike hussey would be a good captain,as he does a good job with W.A in the domestic competition.He's definitely one of the best cricketers in the country,so my vote goes with him. :D

Latest posts

Back