The Caledonian

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
The Callie has about 10 beers on tap - James Squire range mostly.
Also have a look at the 1st few rows of beers in the fridge. A very tasty selection indeed.
Tasty function food as well.
Not up there with the Wheatie but if stranded in NA, that's where I'd be heading.

I haven't been there in a year or so, I remember them having squires on tap but i don't remember the bottle selection. I do remember that the restaurant is expensive.

Lion, Archer and maybe the royal oak (the bottle shop, at least) are where I'd head for good beers. Callie's too far up for walking.

yeah, that bottlo rocks

walking? :blink: they have cabs in North Adelaide :)

That's good beer money down the drain!

Not that I can walk to any of them anymore.

good point Kai
i have the predicament of not having a decent pub within sober walking distance so every session ends in a cab ride
the Wheatie is juuuuust too far to walk to but an easy walk home, sometimes so easy I can't even remember it :D

Yeah gotta agree that the Callie is not up there with the Wheatie beer wise, but still has a fair range of beers and the food is first class. You pay for it in the restaurant, but the cafe food is still damm good but at better value, with big servings. So yep if in NA a good spot for a beer and a bite to eat.

Latest posts

Back