The Brew Cellar Aus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pressure_tested said:
Also, they clearly incorporate shipping into the price of their products on top of the "$10 shipping to australia" that they are so generously removing.
northside novice said:
They do have beers that you can't get in other au shops . That was my incentive to make a purchase .
precisely.

Edak said:
Well you should speak to some wine drinkers... You can pay many thousands for a bottle of grange, which is 700ml
There is a bottle of Mead made by Ken Schramm and B.Nektar that is called The Heart Of Darkness.. Its a limited run from his own private fruits etc, all hand picked by his family etc etc. It runs around $90-$100 for a 375mL bottle.

Pretty expensive, and probably one you would not open until your first born child or something.

I ordered Thursday night, it was marked as shipped Friday morning, and (attempted) delivery on Monday. Gotta be happy with the TNT service. Now the hard bit: not drinking them during the week.

sweet whatcha get ????

heres my haul from last week new 4.6.2013 027 (800x598).jpgnew 4.6.2013 028 (800x598).jpg

I only got one box. a few belgians and a couple of randoms. Really wanted to get the brother thelonious glass but didn't want to fork out 30 quid for it. maybe next time.

1 x Westmalle Tripel
1 x Westmalle Dubbel
2 x Rochefort Trappistes 10
2 x Weihenstephaner Korbinian
1 x Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron
1 x Dogfish Head Glass
1 x Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA - (473ml Can)
1 x Gouden Carolus Classic
1 x Het Kapittel Watou Prior
1 x Achel 8 Bruin

Flensburger Winterbock? Good to see they're going with the times, I used to live not far from that brewery but the only beer they seemed to have for decades was their Pilsener (and a very good one at that).

Just picked up a mixed dozen of various myself!
Didn't think to take a photo though...

By the way Pistol - it's called THE BEER CELLAR
Brew Cellar is something entirely different.

nice haul liam :icon_drool2: some great winter drinking there!

yes florian, 7% flensburger winterbock! have never tried their brews but am looking forward to try this lil number .

yeah should probly get a mod to change the topic name ??

northside novice said:
yeah should probly get a mod to change the topic name ??
If that would've been done a week or so ago I probably would have had an order in by now as well.

I kept thinking the topic was just about some random HBS and I therefore didn't read it.

Think the German Club sells the Flens Pils, but I haven't been there in years so that might've changed.

I can confirm from my tasting of many beers that, yes yes it is the best
manticle said:
Thought by many to be the best in the world.

lukec said:
I can confirm from my tasting of many beers that, yes yes it is the best
Not sure if I'd class it as the very best, but certainly a very good beer to end a great night.

I ordered a carton's worth of them when I had the chance to get them fairly cheap and am trying very hard to restrict myself to 2 a year.

St Bernardus 12 is a good substitute for when I'm getting itchy.

Back