The Best Thing I Did That Improved My Kit Beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mean to single you out as I know a few people have made this point but the above is pretty dumb. "The best thing I did that improved my kit beers was not to brew kits anymore." :blink:

It's not AG. I still consider myself a kit beer maker for using extract malt.

Yeah but you're wrong.

I don't mean to single you out as I know a few people have made this point but the above is pretty dumb. "The best thing I did that improved my kit beers was not to brew kits anymore." :blink:

Why's everybody always picking on me?! :unsure:

Whoa. You just equated him to Darren.

People really do pick on you, roo dr!

Temp control

unhopped extract......, i am with Bum here, using unhopped extrract is no benefit if is old, source the newest extract you can find (unhopped or kit).

I found I couldnt get decent extract anywhere locally, so i stopped using it.

Temp control

unhopped extract......, i am with Bum here, using unhopped extrract is no benefit if is old, source the newest extract you can find (unhopped or kit).

I found I couldnt get decent extract anywhere locally, so i stopped using it.
I think bum was just saying he doesn't count extract brewing the same as kits - neither do I but I guess it's just a metter of terminology.

Anyway the beat thing I ever did was buy proper dried yeast (US05, Nottingham etc) and also temperature control. I'm not sure if either of these made more of a difference than the other because I changed both of them at the same time. There were two distinct periods in my kit brewing career: kit yeast @ 30 degrees = homebrew twang.... and then there was good yeast @18-24 degrees = delicious beer.

Latest posts

Back