The BAR in Creswick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not long now, Wakka!
What time do you want us to show up?
As far as the swap bottles are concerned, I've just got my batch number written on the caps, is that OK, or do you want me to put some other label on them as well?
I'll probably bring a party keg of APA for drinking on the night.
Cheers

I've just sent a PM to those who have indicated they are coming on Saturday (plus 1 or 2 others). Make sure with your swap bottles that you put your swapper number on the lid (i.e. I'm #1, Lecterfan #2 etc). The swap has now been capped (boom-tish) at 8, so its just a small one.

See you Saturday evening.

Saturday, April 6th 2013. $10pp to cover food etc

Swapper / attendance / staying the night

1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
2. Lecterfan / fuggoath / possibly
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
4. Pommie / maybe / maybe
5. mmmyummybeer / yes / yes
6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah
7. herbo / yes / negative
8. Colonel / yep / probably

Non-swap attendees (please indicate if you are staying the night)

1. mesa99 / Likely
2.Beastie /unlikely,

wakkatoo said:
1. Wakkatoo / yep / yep
2. Lecterfan / fuggoath / possibly
3. billygoat/ yes/yes
5. mmmyummybeer / yes / yes
6. vic45 / Yeah / Nah
7. herbo / yes / negative
8. Colonel / yep / probably

Non-swap attendees (please indicate if you are staying the night)

1. mesa99 / Likely
2.Beastie /unlikely,

Down to 7. Pommie-Granite is out.
Will be great weather tomorrow night for our micro swap. Pizza and hand pumped dark mild. mmmmm.

I'm bringing a keg of an awesome bitter if someone has a handpump spare?

Yeah richy, mine is spare mate. Weather is looking awesome, got a fire drum ready to go, don't think I'll have too many problems lighting it! Pity about pommie, I don't think he's missed a BAR 'do' yet. Anyone know if Phil is coming?
Getting pizza supplies tomorrow, any 'special' requests?

bewdy - I'll hook up to that...I'm almost loathe to bring it as it is one of the best bitters I've made haha.

Special pizza requests:if I can put some cured pig (or some sort), olives, cheese, maybe some anchovies?, and perhaps some spinach or something underneath it then I'm a happy man.

Bloody looking forward to this one Wakka!!!

I'll bring the good beer week program that Billygoat got for me and we can talk about some of the events in Ballarat...there is only one I can really afford/am interested in but should be a ripper...

Plus...I have an interesting connection that I have made via my internal martial arts bizz-nizz, and I'll fill you in on this tomorrow also!

wakkatoo said:
. Anyone know if Phil is coming?
I'll try to stir him up in the morning.

Looking forward to a pint of this much mentioned bitter too.

Don't look forward too much, I'm emptying the keg as I speak...

Have a good one lads... A bit much to get down this time round.. Hopefully see a few of you at the July swap..

Look forward to some photos

Thanks for hosting Wakka. I had a great time. Didn't taste any bad beers, I like all of them, but my particular faves were Colonel's APA and mmmyummybeer's sessionable-belgian. Wakka's lager also made me re-evaluate s23 which in itself is a good thing.

Sorry Yob, no photos.

My swap beer (number 2 - thanks to wakka haha) is like a brown APA...dark in colour but not flavour. I've tried to push the hops.

It would be good if people could list what their swap beers are...

Perfect setting, perfect weather, great pizzas and about 10 beers on tap, can it get any better??
Thanks a lot Wakka, and all those who came, it was a very good night.
Shame I had to work today, could easily kicked on.
My swap beer has 353 written on the cap, or, maybe 352?
I've called it "Dusseldorf *******", as it's a bastardised version of the Classic Altbier recipe.
There was a fair bit of guesswork involved, so I'll be happy with any feedback, good or bad, don't be shy.
Cheers

Thanks for hosting Wakka, it was a really great night. Beer and Pizza definitely doesn't get any better than that :D . Cheers Lecterfan glad you enjoyed the beer, there was definitely a lot of great beers on offer and I certainly enjoyed trying them all. My beer has number 5 on top and is a dark ale.

Ta Wakka, was great. Good crowd, beers and pizza.

My swap is No. 6.
Saison with Belle yeast. Simple grain bill so we can evaluate the yeast. Very fresh at the moment, will definitaly benefit from a month or so in the fridge if you have room.

vic45 said:
Ta Wakka, was great. Good crowd, beers and pizza.

My swap is No. 6.
Saison with Belle yeast. Simple grain bill so we can evaluate the yeast. Very fresh at the moment, will definitaly benefit from a month or so in the fridge if you have room.
No worries will leave it a month or so, and will be looking forward to tasting that one. Billygoat's gunna love that swap :lol: he just loves them Saison's :D.

Not sure who's number 4's was but we really enjoyed it. Really nice malty backbone that left you wanting more. Very session able beer, just wish there was more.

Sorry Vic45 was planning on waiting on this one but it got accidentally opened prematurely. Was very nice and did enjoy, Not having much experience with Saison's makes it harder to evaluate but going from the Saison's from the last swap I came too. I believe there were Saison's made with the wyeast french and possible the Belgian, this one seemed more subdued in the funkyness than I remember from the others, but then drinking it too early probable doesn't help. Will be interested to hear other comments later on.

Everybody want to update what beers they brought? I've updated some from a quick forum trawl. Gonna try a couple tonight, starting with mine as I'm a little nervous about it. If you find issue with it, let me know.

Lecterfan - I never did have a chat with you about GBW. What were you planning on attending?

1. Wakkatoo - wheat beer
2. Lecterfan - brown APA
3. billygoat
5. mmmyummybeer - Dark Ale
6. vic45 - Saison
7. herbo
8. Colonel -"Dusseldorf *******", as it's a bastardised version of the Classic Altbier recipe

edit - while I'm at it, anybody got some thoughts on the next gathering? Had some 'newbies' posting on here and sending emails via the website which prompted this. Not that it has any bearing, but June is a complete no-go for me. Off to Thailand and Vietnam for some warmth. B)

Billygoat's is an AIPA, Herbo's is a simcoe summer ale.

GBW: think probably just the $45 Mountain goat thing at the mallow...but I suspect even that will only be a few thimble-fuls of beer and then back to normal prices.

Maybe we should do something ourselves, like a mini-meet or brew day somewhere? Back to a midday - 6pm Sunday thing or something? I'm always happy to have people around here - nothing like a trashed up bach pad to make you feel good when you spill beer everywhere haha.

Anyway, something to think about perhaps.

Cheers lecterfan.

I know the weekend of May 25/6 I'm not around so I guess that rules me out. If something happens on a day that suits, I'll certainly be there.

Updated list. Methinks the summer ale followed by the AIPA tonight!

1. Wakkatoo - wheat beer
2. Lecterfan - brown APA
3. billygoat - AIPA
5. mmmyummybeer - Dark Ale
6. vic45 - Saison
7. herbo - Simcoe Summer Ale
8. Colonel -"Dusseldorf *******", as it's a bastardised version of the Classic Altbier recipe

Had a couple of the sawp beers.

Billygoat IPA - very good, all nicely in balance. Was this dry hopped? (I think not, but can be told otherwise).

Vic 45 Saison - good example I reckon. Simple grain bill has allowed the nice saison yeasty characters to come through.

Re next meet up. I'm easy, this winter will be the first in a few years where I'm not escaping Antarctica for warmer climes. I'll be about shivering somewhere! Can host as well but would need to confirm logisitcs (i.e. find a weekend when the rest of the family are away).

Latest posts

Back