The Ashes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ashes were great, the poms wanted it more and thats why they won.

That aside it wasnt the winning by an innings floggings that we have been dishing out to them in the last 15 years.

Three more runs form Kaspa and Lee would have made things interesting.

Who was the last person to shag an aussie & bring back the ashes?

Paula Yates. :D

The poms were just too good. I hate to say it but it's true. Cricket is going to be more interesting in the next few years, and i think we are going to have to bring a few youngsters into the squad. I feel sorry for the team that plays england in their next series. But, this is a challenge to australian cricket, and it will be good to see how australia respond.

Wiping the tears away :D

Brizbrew said:
Who was the last person to shag an aussie & bring back the ashes?

[post="77138"][/post]​

Or was it the case that he preferred to top himself rather than get into bed with a Pom? :p

Found this in the newsmail

Its true I have a pom mate and u have to literally tell him to have a shower cause some days he smells so bad it puts u off your beer!

Poms_Training.jpg

Kramer said:
Found this in the newsmail

Its true I have a pom mate and u have to literally tell him to have a shower cause some days he smells so bad it puts u off your beer!
[post="77258"][/post]​
I work with a few Aussies who are the same, they smell so bad you think they are gone off, I know what you mean.

Difference between the two.....The poms can play cricket. :lol:

I was at the Oval for the last day and it was a great day of cricket. Some of the Poms were crying they were so happy. Despite being surrounded by Poms, they were very friendly and as gracious as can be expected when they won.
What beer was served?
On tap
Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, Jim Smith Smooth
Bottled,
Red Stripe
Not a great selection but better than I've seen at the SCG, all were offered in pints (plastic) except for the Red Stripe which appeared to be in 330ml bottles.

Edit: forgot to mention that you are permitted to bring 4 cans of beer per person or 1 litre of wine into the ground, which helps to lub to the viewing without denting the wallet.

It is strangely satisfying to see that the Pommy cricket team has taken a leaf out of the Pommy Rugby union team's book...

Win the big one, and then immediately drift off into mediocrity/obscurity

Poms tour of Pakistan

Flame suit on.

M

Back