The Ashes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
131, four wickets down. Nice one Warne!

Warne is an absolute champion. For a spinner to bowl as well as he did on the first day on an absolute belter of a wicket is pretty much unprecedented.

I could not agree more Murray. If we manage to escape with the Ashes, it will be due to one person, and one person only. He's leading the batting averages, and is way out in front for bowling.

He might be a complete tosser off the field, but I don't know if I've seen anybody better once he's out in the middle. He's the only bowler I've ever seen who expects a wicket every ball he bowls.

BRAD T said:
I was talking to a Pom last nite who assures me that England will win The Ashes 4-1. Now I know why I brew my own beer, the must put something in the megaswill that performs a chemical lobotomy, after all he was drinking Tooheys New!
[post="71532"][/post]​
Well, it is almost over, Lunch has been called on the last day of the last test, it has gone down to the wire.

I did have a punt before the series on England to win 4-1, the bookie almost ripped the money out of my hand and laughed under his breath about easy money.
Seems he was a bit of a mug, Australia escaped a loss in the third test after the washout and this final test could still go either way. It has been a great test series and whoever wins it has been a great spectacle and the sports profile has been raised.

Man of the series, got to be Freddy for my money, Warne a close second.

I agree Brizbrew - pity Aus did not make those 2 extra ones - esp as there was some doubt as to whether the ball caught the glove...

But it has been very entertaining.

221/7 at tea - how exciting is this - go you POMS :D

Warney will clean 'em up. Gilly will open and score the fastest double century of all time. No worries mate. :D

Well and truely all over... We've taken the light now just waiting for the game to end..

damn that kevin pietersen. i didnt stay up til 2am just to watch him bat!
great series though.
joe

A brilliant comeback after the first test & the most exciting series ever...

Well done the POMS, it's been a long wait... a thoroughly deserved win :D :party:

C'mon Ross. You can do better than that! :D

You know you're busting to rub it in. :lol:

Warren -

I'm just surprised we let the convicts have it for so long Ross. I mean, I know it's only fair to make them feel involved in our game, but I would have thought that throwing one or two seasons would have been enough.

Still, we mustn't question Her Majesty's orders must we.

Murray said:
A sad day, losing the Ashes to the South Africans...
[post="76776"][/post]​

For all the Pommie fans whom have emerged from the closet for the first time since the Rugby World Cup, we can go double or nothing on the swimming events at the commonwealth games!!!!!!!!! :beerbang:

M

Bah humbug! swimming!

I'll let you into a secret - the rest of the world couldn't care less about swimming - and it's only because so much taxpayer cash goes into the sport that anyone gives a splat about it here.

Face it Aussies, you might just have to realise there's more to life than sport, and work on your comedy instead.

I know we would win this series right from the start, a sure thing.

The aussies have had their day, it's over for you, you have nowhere to turn.

Never seen such sore losers at work today though. You would of thought a close relative had died. LOL

The only thing bettern than beating you convicts on English soil will be beating you in your own backyard in two years time. Can't wait. :super:

Brizbrew said:
I know we would win this series right from the start, a sure thing.

The aussies have had their day, it's over for you, you have nowhere to turn.

Never seen such sore losers at work today though. You would of thought a close relative had died. LOL

The only thing bettern than beating you convicts on English soil will be beating you in your own backyard in two years time. Can't wait. :super:
[post="76860"][/post]​

Brave man - flame suit on :D :D

I was going to post something about winning gracefully, but I realised you win so rarely you haven't learnt how to behave. :)

Murray said:
I was going to post something about winning gracefully, but I realised you win so rarely you haven't learnt how to behave. :)
[post="76872"][/post]​

Likewise with losing ;) :D

Latest posts

Back