The Ashes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point Ross, how dare me to sound like a Whinging Pommie

Rook :p

Ross
Sorry no comeback. We are whinging today. The Umpires, the no-balls, No Mcgrath, no excuses.
Do you think we can get Lee & Warne up the order a bit?
Gerard

It has been a rough few weeks for Aussie sport. You are having great difficulties winning in the rugby (union) and in the cricket.
Boy am I getting my own back ATM :lol:

Doc

Ross said:
& they say the poms whinge :D ...
[post="74216"][/post]​

At least when an Aussie whinges, he does it without having to leave the field, and be substituted by the best whinger that can be grabbed from the local teams...

When an Aussie 12th whinger is nominated, he is the first reserve whinger !

:p

I'm sure we'll be doing the same thing next series we play at home. :lol:

After they do a bit of selective culling. <_<

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:

After they do a bit of selective culling. <_<

Warren -
[post="74265"][/post]​
Today it feels good to be a pom. :super:

Some of the blokes at work were almost in tears with the ribbing I give them today, it does make a change to hear the Aussies whinging about injuries and substitutions. :party:

yes - amazing how the complaints are flying at legitimate substitutions - would have been called a stroke of genius if done by the Aussies I reckon.
Come on guys - just accept that even the mighty Aussies can fail occaisionly - Been a long time between smiles for the poms, let us enjoy... :D

yer congrats to all the pommies out there.....it was a stroke of genius with the subs but not as big as getting away with playing a South African......that was pure brilliance

Well done fellas

Rook

therook said:
yer congrats to all the pommies out there.....it was a stroke of genius with the subs but not as big as getting away with playing a South African......that was pure brilliance

Well done fellas

Rook
[post="74277"][/post]​
Puts me in mind of a Merv Hughes chestnut from a few years back...
"Playing England is like playing against the United Nations."

Bring Back Boof!!

Simple fact is nobody's seen a player with the class of Flintoff for a while. The boys just tumbled. Can't blame them. He's an extraordinary cricketer.

warrenlw63 said:

I don't know, the English first did it in 1930 and we haven't sunken to their level yet.

Ross said:
yes - amazing how the complaints are flying at legitimate substitutions - would have been called a stroke of genius if done by the Aussies I reckon.
Come on guys - just accept that even the mighty Aussies can fail occaisionly - Been a long time between smiles for the poms, let us enjoy... :D
[post="74270"][/post]​

Careful use of the word "legitimate"... When I last looked, the rules relating to the use of a substitute fielder was only to replace a player who was injured, or seeking medical attention.

It is a long string to draw, to extend that definition to general rest, rehydration or a Bex, a Cuppa, and a lie down.

I guess Leg side theory was "legitimate" at the time, as was Chappell's underarm delivery Both have been universally condemned as not sporting though. Could I suggest that this borders on the same???

Maybe Vaughn is the long lost love-grandson of Jardine??? :eek:

Yeah, lets discuss that delivery.

You can still buy t shirts in NZ that have written on them "Australians have an underarm problem" That was a long time ago but those sorts of things colour perceptions for a very long time.

therook said:

Well done fellas

Rook
[post="74277"][/post]​

Don't forget the failed Kiwi/Aussie butter-fingered keeper........ (4th reserve keeper for the Blues)

Then again I guess they had to keep the overseas quota up..... Big shoes to follow... Grieg, Lamb, Hick, Hussain, the Hollioakes, Robin Smith, Andrew Caddick, and I'm sure I missed a few.........

Strike one off the list to compensate for Wessells......

More power to Symonds for declaring he would prefer to play shield for Queensland and risk never playing test cricket, than be poached for a test spot for Mother England.....

Ritchie Benaud said last night as Freddy Flintoff head up the stairs after his spell that it was an abuse of the 12th man rules. Ok so the good news is that when Ross goes back to Pommie Land they call him an Aussie as he sounds like one of us now.
Its not much to smile about, but at least it's something!
Cheers
Gerard

And long may the devastation continue this weekend when the Wobblies take on the mighty All Blacks (especially with that awesome new haka) :lol:

Beers,
Doc

Its about us Aussies took a back seat to world sporting ventures..anyone remember when the mighty St George won 11 Prems straight, nothing to watch, know the result....same on the world stage for the Aussies.

As for rah rahs........until recently(last 6 or so games), if you were home side, you won; all bar 2 games, in the tri-nations and test

And dont start about AFL umps talking on plane trips !!

Did I miss anyone??? oh netball is a toilet of a game!!! poor peoples basketball!!

Baseketball forever!!! :lol: ;) :ph34r:

I still can't believe the problems with Australia's form. Who would have guessed a year ago that gillespie would have been dropped. Hayden and katich on the brink, people are even thinking about Gilly being dropped. Some of the most talented players to have played for Australia, Gillespie was almost unplayable 3 years ago oh well. Who thinks maybe the Aussies have been playing so much tough aggressive cricket for so long it's wearing them down. Being the best in the world usually means other teams lift to try and knock you off the perch. Or it might have something to do with England's excellent plans and bowling. We can still win at the Oval, come on McGrath.

Not looking good. England batting, 102 with one wicket down.

kook said:
Not looking good. England batting, 102 with one wicket down.
[post="76078"][/post]​

Looks good from here :D :D

Latest posts

Back