That Hand Pump Mouthfeel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are for hand pumps, and are attached via a fine thread (the vendor did not know what size the thread is) - I asked recently. ;)

The thread is 1/4 BSG IIRC
I believe I even have tap and die set left over from plumbing an historic house for gas lighting, but British Standard Gas is not a thread form you will run into every day.
Those were the days screwed and soldered copper pipe with a wall thickness nearly equal to the bore.
Mark

I have a roasty porter on at the moment, from both a pressurised (CO2) Keg and a beer engine with sparkler.
The beer engine is straight from the fermentor to a small corny which had a bit of CO2 as a blanket, I vent after a few pulls, but reckon on a heavier CO2 "skin" just protecting the beer, anyway I am talking less than 7 days.
The beer engine produces a far superior , to the drinker, beer.

K

Dr K,

That 'skin' would be gone after an hour or two. After that it's just a race between oxidation and deliciousness.

A race that you appear to be winning, which is good. I am just picking.

I'm also in love with cask aspirators. They're a wonderful piece of engineering. Also plead guilty of sucking on one to check the mechanism...

Nothing has changed Bribie, the loon's daaan sarf would get their pitchforks out if you happened to mention fitting a sparkler. I still work with a lot of Southerners, those that homebrew don't even prime the bottles. They rather drink them flat. Sure there's some carbonation from residual sugaz, but not a lot. Still, better 'discussing' all things beer with the southern fairies rather than engage with that other funny breed at work. Them that came from the wrong side of the pennines and don't favour white roses. Sicko's!
Where's tha from lad?

Obviously the wrong side of the hills. Roses are red Yorkshire loses at cricket again.

Well my avatar shows my alliance pretty well :)
I'm back in Gods Own at the moment (not far from Pontefract) visiting family watching LU and drinking local beers (definitely not in that order!) just bought a Boddington and Ossett Brewery pint glass as it happens. Use enjoy a good pint of Boddy's in a pub near Lymm.

I have a roasty porter on at the moment, from both a pressurised (CO2) Keg and a beer engine with sparkler.
The beer engine is straight from the fermentor to a small corny which had a bit of CO2 as a blanket, I vent after a few pulls, but reckon on a heavier CO2 "skin" just protecting the beer, anyway I am talking less than 7 days.
The beer engine produces a far superior , to the drinker, beer.

K
I'm a bit confused with your set up, do you hand pull directly from the corny?

Latest posts

Back