Testing Perth Water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
I have obtained a water report from the water corporation for the Thompsons Lake Supply but it is very broad brush detailing "Max and Mins" based on 6 monthly testing.

I would like to get a sample analysed to see how it actually compares with the Water Authority report

So who does water testing/anaylsis in Perth Southern Suburbs and how much does it cost

Cheers

Wobbly

I've eliminated the need & bought an R/O unit

Rude

Where from?
How much did it cost?
What capacity in Liters per hour?

Cheers

Wobbly

Sorry Wobbs just saw this
At work now think it was PSI water filters recomended from this site will check
It is 2 to 1 waste ratio, bit pricey but glad & stoked with it so far
Will get specs to you but fills pretty quick I do it a couple of days before & when Im brewing

I work in a laboratory in Victoria and we also have a lab in Perth near the airport. They will be able to test your water for you. Have to warn you that getting water analysed isn't cheap.
Will probably cost you $150 or more just for calcium, magnesium, sulphate, sodium etc.
If it was me, I would just go off the water report or do like Rude has done and put that money towards an RO unit.

For those/anyone interested Google put me onto "MPL Laboratories" in Hayden Court Myaree and they have indicted that it would cost $108 to test and report on the following

Ph, TDS, Sodium, Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Sulphate (So4-s) , Bicarbonate, Total Alkalinity, Chloride, Total Hardness (CaCo3)

Cheers

Wobbly

Back