• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Temprite For Sale - Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
Apologies to Matt Vanin - altho this is in Adelaide not melbourne....

I have 2 temprites for sale - both removed professionally from a now defunct community club. Paid pros to remove them so that the refrigerant is still inside the units.

These bad boys are capable of cooling 3 beers at once - 3 lines in, 3 lines out.

You will need a compressor to run them. I am not technically minded so went the kegs in fridge option instead. These would be ideal if you didnt want/have/need a fridge to store the kegs in - they cool from room temp to damn cold on the way from the keg to the tap/mouth!

Way to heavy to post so this is for Adelaide/Hills/Barossa etc people only.

Ambitiously looking for in the region of $180-200 each but and always open to reasonable offers. Swapping for something else is always an option......

Try me.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Dscn0116.jpg

temprite3.jpg

temprite2.jpg

This may be a silly question, but if the kegs are at room temperature, how do they get carbonated? Won't most of the CO2 be in the head space in the keg?

This may be a silly question, but if the kegs are at room temperature, how do they get carbonated? Won't most of the CO2 be in the head space in the keg?

Hi Mark

Good question. You need to use a table such as THIS to work out the required pressure to carbonate at a given temperature.

Gas dissolves more readily at lower temperatures so as the beer passes thru the temprite more gas will dissolve resulting in a foamier beer. So it does require a bit of extra thought but nothing that cant be accounted for by lowering the carbonation pressure a touch.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Good question. You need to use a table such as THIS to work out the required pressure to carbonate at a given temperature.

Gah - I can't believe I didn't think of that :eek:. And of course, some nice thin beer line will give you the pressure differential you need between the keg and tap.

have you still got the second one, im in melbourne but im sure we could work something out

Does anyone realise these things are useless without a honkin great refrigeration unit to drive them???

have you still got the second one, im in melbourne but im sure we could work something out

I certainly do Benno, the other one got sold to a bloke in melbourne. $180

Does anyone realise these things are useless without a honkin great refrigeration unit to drive them???

I assume you actually read my first post?????

You have no sense of adventure :ph34r:

reminds me of why I gave up on the temprite idea

Sold the 2nd temprite yesterday. :icon_chickcheers:

Gave three away today, including the compreesor plant that runs them. The lucky recipient is a well known AMB member. Thought they were a thing of the past.......... Oh well I am hoping they will be put to good use.

BYB

have you still got those temp rites ,if so , whats your lowest price and where can I see them :rolleyes:

have you still got those temp rites ,if so , whats your lowest price and where can I see them :rolleyes:

I would assume so as it's a 2yr old thread and the post before mentioned sold :)

Back