Temperture Controllers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andanale

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just getting myself set up with a chest freezer keg system. Got everything ready to go. Only thing is i can't seem to find a ready made temperature controller. I'd rather not do the whole Jaycar KIT one if that's possible. Anyone know where i can get hold of one?

Hey Andanale,

Your in luck :) Mashmaster stocks one, but you still need to put it in a box and add a power cord.

Linky

grain and grape sell a plug-and-go controller here, but personally, I'd get a mashmaster. very simple to wire it up and you could buy two of them for what the plug-and-go one costs

Thanks Jye,

That seems a lot simpler than putting the kit together.

I hate tinkering with anything that's going to plug into a power point. Alwasy 99% sure i'll short out the whole house.

Geez that grain and grape one costs a bit.

Guess i'll get my electrical savvy friend to wire it up for me

If your getting a person to wire it up for you, u might as well go for the mashmaster controller for $45 and save the $50+ dollars over the one from G&G

If you have any problems hooking it up check out this link, it has heaps of pics and diagrams.

Hey Andanale,

Deffinately go with the mashmaster fridgemate. Peice of pie to wire up. All you need is a suitable box to mount it in (easy bought from The Electronic Dick for about $10) an extension lead (go to Big W or similar... and fork out the whole $2.90) and your away.

And they work great. Deffinately reccomended.

Cheers, Pok

I'm in the market for one as well..

anyone got pictures of their setup one?

I don't mind playing around, but at the same time want it to be easy.

Just read Jye's post two posts back,follow the link he posted

Batz

I bought the thermostat new. But if you hunt around you may find an old one not being used on a fridge or coolroom. It may then cost you nothing.

I have a nice Eurotherm Temp controller mounted in a 316 SS enclosure ready to mount in my bar.

Yeah its an $800 controller and the enclosure costs $300 but it was a leftover from my last job.... oh well second last job :)

It has full PIC control but i will never need that here ay home so it will go well to controll the freezer for the kegs.

It will look cool too with the SS box under the bar.

Cheers,

Oh....... to make u all sick...... i have 3 omrom temp controllers with PT100 imput unussed in the drawer :)

i will think of something for tham :)

cheers

temp_controller__624_x_416_.jpg

Oh....... to make u all sick...... i have 3 omrom temp controllers with PT100 imput unussed in the drawer :)

i will think of something for tham :)

cheers

Like maybe selling them to me Tony for the Red Rocket Brewery

Franko...... as much as i love the red rocket project........ i just sont think i can come to depart with the units.

Iwill never be able to get hold of them again.

sorry mate..... they are not for sale.

sorry

cheers

tony

Back