temp ds 18b20 .. not working

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micbrew

Reaction score
Hi all

my temp sender DS18B20 has stooped working , Im assuming the wires protective sheath , have become heat effected
and shorted out ... as I normally hang this over the edge of my single vessel.

has any one had a similar experience ... and apart from ebay ...can these be picked up locally in Victoria somewhere ??

thanks in advance Mick

Hi, I think Jaycar sell the devices, but they will be in a bare TO-92 package so you will need to encapsulate it some how.
Dave

ebay DS18b20 and the list will be enormous, you can get them encased in a thermowell or as above, just be sure to wire up correctly as crossing connections can destroy probe.
This one is what I use and most have used for their brauclones. I know Lael is getting custom ones made for his kits.

The insulation shouldn't be damaged as its able to operate up to 100c continuously. i would check the connections and go from there.

Core electronics are NSW based and are a reliable source of ds18b20.

thanks Masters for the link

yes this is the one ... think mine got fried ...protective sheath surrounding individual wires , may have melted and shorted out

I need to either shield the cable and or hard wire it into my single vessel ??? decisions decisions

thx mick

sorry missed your reply

connections seem fine ...it began playing up ...not registering temps ..fluctuating ...

then read 4097 ...fecking hot ...then not even reading /displaying a temperature

my assumption is as above ...

just checked core electronics web page ... couldn't find them ..any ideas were to search for them please ... ( im newby re electronics )

cheers MICK

Type 'ds18b20' into the search bar. They have way too many products to find it another way.

not in ebay shop

found on their websire core electrical

wouldn't you know it ...out of stock :(

thanks for the link though Mitch !

Latest posts

Back