Temp Control In The Southwest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to home brewing and am trying to soak up as much info as possible but i'm getting very varied info from different sources. My current brew consists of a coopers lager kit (yeah, the one you get with the kit), 1kg light dry malt, 15g cascade hops and the supplied coopers yeast.

The thing is, Perth and surrounding areas is having a record breaking start to the summer with some of the hottest days on record. I'm wondering what the best form of temperature control is for such a hot climate. I could probably lay my hands on an old fridge or something.

Would this do as i want to start brewing some clone recipes with better yeasts.

Cheers lads,
Rob

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to home brewing and am trying to soak up as much info as possible but i'm getting very varied info from different sources. My current brew consists of a coopers lager kit (yeah, the one you get with the kit), 1kg light dry malt, 15g cascade hops and the supplied coopers yeast.

The thing is, Perth and surrounding areas is having a record breaking start to the summer with some of the hottest days on record.

--Are you sure about that? its not that hot.

I'm wondering what the best form of temperature control is for such a hot climate. I could probably lay my hands on an old fridge or something.

---I have a temp control module up for sale if you want it, just need a fridge to use it on.

Would this do as i want to start brewing some clone recipes with better yeasts.

Cheers lads,
Rob

I'm in Brissy and it is a tad warm here as well. I have two 2L frozen coke bottles beside my fermentor (changed every 12 hours) with two wet towels wrapped around and a blanket over top. Temp is a consistent 22-24c, while the garage is unbearably hot. Basic, but works ok for Ales.

I'm wondering what the best form of temperature control is for such a hot climate. I could probably lay my hands on an old fridge or something.

An old (working) fridge and a Fridgemate from craftbrewer.com.au is a pretty good solution. Set and forget.

Its just a small thing, easily fit in a wine box

I'll be up in perth on the 20th mate. How big is the whole set-up?? Sounds good, but would i need a ute or 4x4?

BYO Fridge i'd guess.

I was looking at a FridgeMate, but this looks like another decent option. I guess it's essentially the same thing but without the the need to wire into the fridge.

BYO Fridge i'd guess.

I was looking at a FridgeMate, but this looks like another decent option. I guess it's essentially the same thing but without the the need to wire into the fridge.

Fridgemate isn't wired into the fridge per se, the regular fridge wall plug goes into the fridgemate (once wired up)

Latest posts

Back