Tea Bags

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty mac

Reaction score
Hey compadres.
Just wondering if anyone has ever used tea bags to infuse flavour. I'm thinking about making a corona style beer but adding a great flavour tea bag thats lemon and honey. I was thinking about adding it when I add the finishing hops.

Hola,

yes indeed. Last batch, I used some bags of Chamomille/Orange/cloves/... herbal teas from Lipton. They were called 'Orange gardens' and 'Chamomille courts'. I've used 7 or 8 in a tea, then tipped in the fermenter (15 litres). Good balance, just a subtle aroma which is what I wanted. Don't know yet if the aroma will stay with time.

Saves some time since the lipton engineers would have worked out a good blend already. Maybe make sure the product uses natural ingredients.

Cheers,
Laurent

Hey compadres.
Just wondering if anyone has ever used tea bags to infuse flavour. I'm thinking about making a corona style beer but adding a great flavour tea bag thats lemon and honey. I was thinking about adding it when I add the finishing hops.

:blink: :blink:

Soooooo, is this so you can drink it with your breakfast <_< "Just having a cup of tea with my cornflakes"

Normell :p

Hey compadres.

I have used some of the herbal tea bags for some Belgian beers ,Camomile ,

I personally dont think it will make much difference a tea bag is made for a cup not 23 litres but hey give it a try, I did .

The Belgian beer was so strong I could not tell what I was drinking after a glass , I gave up making strong beers I had a habit of quaffing them like a normal strength beer :blink:

You may just come up with a winner it wont hurt .

Pumpy :)

Back