Tattoos - Who's Got 'em

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Katie on her partners login.... again I forgot to find my password always automatically logs in at work....

suicide suspension I was wondering what that was, that is crazy shit... she is a nurse to yeah? Gosh putting up with you must be a breeze for that women LOL! Why do people do that ? Im sorry that is not a hobby! Anyhow all to there own.

I dream of a tattoo but probably always chicken out... But if I did I would get a hop flower (I know corny) but opening up kind of like a lotus flower...

And Jase so you are stimulating the economy... ? probably more than the people that go of and by Plasmas... funny shit..

Katie

suicide suspension I was wondering what that was, that is crazy shit... she is a nurse to yeah? Gosh putting up with you must be a breeze for that women LOL! Why do people do that ? Im sorry that is not a hobby! Anyhow all to there own.

Yep, she is a nurse, actually I just realised something, her hobbies (body mods, sewing, knitting) and her job all involve needles of some form....

Should I be scared??

Does she tell you why she does it?

Katie

Woah - that hanging from hooks is something that needs getting to the bottom to. Cue Dr. Phil opening music.

Without prejudice Pollux, if that was my missus or wife I'd be getting to the issue of 'why' pretty quick.

I however subscribe to what ever floats ya boat, go for it. There are far worse thing to do than fuc k your own body up.

Ehhh, she gets her endorphin rush from it, hell, it's better than her being on crack......

In reality, what she does to her body is probably less damaging than what beer is slowly doing to mine.....

I used to wear two good luck pendants on a black leather string around my neck. One was an indian (not American indian), it was a gold colour. The other was a replica wooden good luck charm that Viking wifes used to give to their husbands when going to sea. There was a circle in the middle to two very simplified dragon heads coming up and facing away from each other. It was a brushed aluminium/steel colour. I put them around my first sons neck so he could be buried with them. 6 years on and I still reach my hand up to my chest to touch them. But they arent there. I would like to have each one tattooed on each of my inner ankles. Just to look at.
Cheers
Steve

Got the top of my right arm done about 10 years ago , I've never been one too wear sleaves so she has fade'd alot but I'm still happy she's there.
Got myself a gun on evil bay last year and have had a bit of a scrach at my left ankel , Think I can do a few bits on myself that I'll be happy with and don't really care what people think..

have plans for some pro work on my back and the back of my legs , Back of legs will be first but it all comes down too coin , I've got drawings and have spent time with the artist , its just the coin now ,, no rush , good things come to those that wait (or help them selves)

cheers

Got one on my leg, Its a the led zep single artwork for stairway, also the tarot card for "the hermit" (not that I'm a tarot buff)
Mainly got it because really liked the look of it on my leg, although most of the time I wear long pants (nothing to do with the tatt, I've always worn preferred pants over shorts) I don't mind showing it off (I've actually gone out and bought new shorts for the first time in years since getting it!)
Plan to get another when I go to Europe later this year, though I will have to research tattoo parlors over there on BME before choosing wear to go... not sure what I wanna get done yet either... I'll be going to Germany and Belgium so maybe something beer related :p

Yep, she is a nurse, actually I just realised something, her hobbies (body mods, sewing, knitting) and her job all involve needles of some form....

Should I be scared??

Yes, very...

Got a mate who does suspension, been to one show its pretty interesting, though I couldn't do it myself...

yeah i've been to a suspension show before (hanged man - melbourne, the missus was filming for a doco) and i thought it was insane at the start. but as i watched the different people do it and chatted to them it seemed less weird. by the end of it i was considering giving it a go myself! but didn't and haven't given it too much thought since. until now. might have to look into it again. probably should loose a bit of weight first though!

Not wanting to be rude and certainly nothing personal, but it`s my belief that anyone who thinks it`s a good idea or finds pleasure in, hanging from steel hooks like a side of beef needs urgent medical assesment.
I am also sure that plenty think likewise, but as always keep quiet about it rather than risk an arse kicking over opinions.
That`s life :)

stagga.

count me in for 3, two on the back an one on the leg.

got them when i was 20, now i am 38. i still like them a heap.

to anyone thinking of getting a tatt, go big - they are cool

Not wanting to be rude and certainly nothing personal, but it`s my belief that anyone who thinks it`s a good idea or finds pleasure in, hanging from steel hooks like a side of beef needs urgent medical assesment.
I am also sure that plenty think likewise, but as always keep quiet about it rather than risk an arse kicking over opinions.
That`s life :)

stagga.

Oh, I feel a similar way, I looked at the photos from the wife's suspension, I didn't go as I have issues with other peoples blood, and someone needed to care for the young one and all I said was, "A world of ouch, why the f*ck you did that I will never understand, but hell, you had fun and there were no lasting repercussions..."

Then I went back to mashing in my 2nd AG....:D

I see it as everyone is entitled to their opinion of stuff like that, but if you aren't being directly affected, then don't bother commenting, it will serve no purpose....Kind of like people who comment on other people's level of alcohol consumption, unless I know you offline and your drinking somehow affects me, I honestly can't be arsed trying to be your mother on the topic.

If you know what I mean....

Moving on, tats.....Does anyone know where you buy those ink strips that the cops use to fingerprint people? I want to get a print of my daughters hand so I can actually have her handprint on my chest.

Forget the "explanations", just get some help :wacko:

stagga.

Your daughter's hand, though..... unless she is physically crippled in some way, there's not a whole lot of characteristics that will define her paw from any other kid's paw.

I got the feeling that when Pollux was talking about finger printing strips he was maybe talking about getting her fingerprints included in the tatt, which would make it very unique to any other kids paw... but maybe I'm wrong

I got the feeling that when Pollux was talking about finger printing strips he was maybe talking about getting her fingerprints included in the tatt, which would make it very unique to any other kids paw... but maybe I'm wrong

I would hope that you are wrong in your reading of P's intention. To recreate a 'to-scale' hand, and embrace the fingerprint pattern, would make for a very bad tattoo after about three years when the pigment starts to shift. IMO a single fingerprint would need to be the size of a cigarette packet if you wanted to maintain the pattern. Therefore this 'hand' image should be a full-back job just to accommodate the uniqueness.

And I shouldn't have said 'paw'. I should have said 'hoof'. :rolleyes:

Ok , Susspention stuff not for me , but like you say , I'm not your or even her mother so do as you want ... LOl ...

The hand print will work out ok with the palm lines and main creases of the hand put in , I dont think you would get all the finger prints of a small hand .. I have a mate that has both his daughters hands (one of each ) on his chest , Both look good and you can tell they are from a diferant hand .. he had the girls make heaps of prints with differant water paints till they got good ones then the artist inked them in...

The Pencil for tattooing is called , Hectograph pencil... Evillbay search has both pencils and transfer paper..I got my pencil from local artist..

And cleanbrewer, so that would make yours over 10 years old ? You were lucky to get a good portrait artist, so many in Australia really suck. The linework has stood the test of time, and you should be rightly proud. Who was the artist ?

Yeh, over 10 years, prob would look a little better if my back was "hair free :unsure: ", probably has been preserved quite a bit too from staying out of the sun and working indoors.. The artist was John Poole, he is/was in Toowoomba..
<H1 align=left>John Poole's 07 46323824</H1><H1 align=left>1st Floor 328 Ruthven St
TOOWOOMBA
QLD, 4350</H1><H1 align=left> :icon_cheers: CB<H1 align=left> </H1></H1>

any interested, open minded people (i.e. not stagga!) should check out the hanged man team

they are in melbourne but would have info on what's going on in other states.

no affiliation - just been to a show and know a couple of the guys involved - all very professional (run by body mod professionals). worth a look even if you're not going to do it

cheers

christmasbender

LOL, this discussion is quite out of your league, aye old man ? Honestly, I'm also quite intrigued. Shocked, no. But from where the whole 'meat-hook' discussion was borne from (ie Pollux) I am very genuinly suprised that his missuz is into it.

There's an awful lot you can't judge about a person purely from their posts online.

Your daughter's hand, though..... unless she is physically crippled in some way, there's not a whole lot of characteristics that will define her paw from any other kid's paw. And with the imperfect nature of realism in tattooing, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the details. But have you thought of something els as a tatt to symbolise your feelings, maybe an image unrelatd to her hand-print, but including some script with her name ? I don't like words on the human body, with the single exception being someone's kids. That shit's forever, no matter how life unflods, she will always be your daughter, so to me her name on your body is very cool.

The ideas I have in my head include either her name below the hand or somehow worked into the actual lines of the hand, it's still in the development phase right now. As for wanting her hand, and I mean no offense by this comment, as a non-parent I don't expect you to be able to notice the subtle difference between different kids hands, but as a parent I can.....

How does one go about doing a 'hanging' ? I imagine it's quite an underground thing

Contact Rob at Polymorph in Enmore, they have a rig setup on the roof of the terrace with an awesome view for while you are hanging...(I'll ask the missus if she minds me sending you some pics via PM)

And everyone IS entitled to their opinion, so people should be allowed to "bother commenting" on whatever the subject matter. That paragraph was a bit contradictory, don't you think? You must have known that your posts would raise eyebrows.

Opinions are like arseholes really, everyone has one and most the time you don't want to hear someone else's :p That comment was more pointing out that not many people take comments from complete strangers regarding how they choose to live their life very seriously, hell I don't.

Moving back to the topic, the wife's scarification is being sketched by the artist this week, and she should be under the knife by next week....

My tat however, I really need to go have a chat with our choosen artist (I trust the wife's judgement in this area) and start working some shit out.

Back to tatts and beer related.

Cheers
Big D

6_pack.jpg

Back