Tapatalk probs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
I downloaded Tapatalk today but I am having the following probs

1. Cant find ahb in the tapatalk search

I cleared my mem & cache and opened up ahb in browser. It asked me if I wanted to install TT. Hit yes and ended up in playstore. The play store says my mob phone is not compatible with the GCS software.

Phobe is a Samsung Galaxy Ace

Model GT-S5830v
Andoid ver 2.3.6
Base Band S5830VDULK1
Kernal 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL170 #1
Build Gingerbread.DULK2

I have used TT but removed it on this phone.

My main reason I want to use TT is because I cant upload pics via the web browser in full ver mode. ( dont know why, just wont do it )

Yeah, I can't find AHB on tapatalk either and I'm buggered if I can sign in to AHB at all with my phone (Samsung Galaxy s2).

I can access the site, but can't sign in.

So I've got Ahb on tapatalk but my understanding is that I'll lose it if I update tapatalk. Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd like to update it but not at the risk of having to use the app for Ahb

I've updated and still have Ahb on my pad but not my phone as I never set it up

So it is true that the generic Tapatalk no longer working is a result of admin action then? I'm not saying that is a bad thing but it'd be good to know. I prefer the generic Tapatalk because it's one app for multiple forums.

I'm on tapatalk V2.4.1, updated a couple of days ago. It is working fine. No more unexpected crashes.

Edit- I just searched for AHB within tapatalk and nothing came up, it seems if you don't already have it you may be too late.

pedleyr said:
So it is true that the generic Tapatalk no longer working is a result of admin action then? I'm not saying that is a bad thing but it'd be good to know. I prefer the generic Tapatalk because it's one app for multiple forums.
Yes you can no longer use the generic version unless you already had ot logged in before the changes were made.

I'm having issues with the branded app crashing all the time. Seems to mostly be when I click on view new topics. Getting to the point where I will not be using the app. I had no issues with tapatalk before it was rebranded.

Yes you can no longer use the generic version unless you already had ot logged in before the changes were made.

That much I know, I just want to know if it's a bug or if it's a result of admin action. I've asked in three threads now and once by PM and got no answer other than a generic 'we are looking into it' once that I can't find now.

I'm actually staggered that this simple question can't be answered, there is no reason why it can't be. If they want to move away from generic app I understand that, it doesn't have ads or send usage statistics to the admins, and the site needs to pay the bills.

Just tell us, it's really sub par to refuse to comment.

Can't find it atm but pretty sure I read from either austin or a mod that the forum was no longer visible through tapatalk except through the branded app.

Can't find it atm but pretty sure I read from either austin or a mod that the forum was no longer visible through tapatalk except through the branded app.

I suspect that's true but I've not seen comments about it in the 3 threads on the point, nor was my PM replied to (not that I'm deserving of any special response).

Edit: I hasten to add that austin commented in the 2 other threads so was aware of it. Even in this thread, just give a straight answer that generic tapatalk isn't supported if that's the case. If that is the case the answer given was pretty average.

So is there still a way of getting AHB on generic tapatalk if I have just signed up?

I'm guessing no, but just checking.

Haven't had had the branded app crash in weeks now. Thanks for getting it fixed.

Latest posts

Back