Tap Height

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctr-dan

Reaction score
Scored this fridge of the inlaws and it appears that one i cut a bit out of the shelving on the door I'll fit 4 kegs in which double what I currently can.
My question is about tap height.
Currently I have a bar fridge with a font on top but this fridge is 1300mm high so with the font on top I'd be looking at about 1600mm - 1650mm.
Is this going to be to high?
I'm about 5ft 8.

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

I'd say that's getting up there mate, my taps are at 1330mm from the floor and it's a comfortable height for me (6ft.5) others that've had a pour haven't voiced any complaints.
Personally I'd run with the new fridge coz it's free and deal with any height issues later:)

My taps on my coffin top keezer are 1500mm and i am 6ft tall. I reckon higher would be les comfortable but i guess as long as you can reach the taps you'll still be pouring beer and that's the main thing.

I'm a towering 5'8" also. 1650mm tap height will make you look like Tyrion Lannister dispensing a beer. As with lofty Benn, I found around 1300 a good height also.
Dont think if I'd bother with a drip tray again however.

I know its not as good looking as a font but what about mounting the taps in the door? Potentially less frothing issues than a font?

I'm about 5'10 and my taps on my kegerator are around 1300mm from the floor. I find this to be a comfortable height.

You don't want the font too short otherwise you can't comfortably fit the glass under the tap. The spouts on my taps sit about 300mm above the drip tray on my current set up which gives plenty of space to move the glass up and down to get more foam or accommodate taller glasses like my 1 litre steins.

Good point.

Stick door taps on and sit the fridge on something like a small cupboard to raise the taps.

Stainless Steel panel adaptors are available from Lancer, Bracton, and Andale in varying lengths. (Probably Keg King as well, don't know as I am a professional installer, and most of their gear is cheap Chinese stuff.)

They are readily available with taps fitted. If you already have your tap, order a 3/4" female panel adaptor, and a snaplock, or pin lock adaptor to suit your tap

You can also get fridge door mounted drip trays from these suppliers. I would investigate Keg King for these, as quality is not an issue. The Big Boys won't supply inferior quality stainless - even for these types of things.

Back