Tap Handles.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2oldru

Reaction score
Hope someone can help with this.I just bought a few commercial type tap handles eg Tooths,Tooheys etc.I need to know what size thread they are so I can make an adapter to go on my intertaps and also screw them onto timber for display purposes.Thanks for any help.

Problem you are going to have is that there are lots of different taps, the breweries made handles and tap flags (the ones that screw on the top of swing taps) for all of them.
You would need to first work out what the Intertap thread is, then look at each handle and see what it needs. There is a very good chance that there wont be an adaptor made for the job.
I have found two part epoxy putty like knead it or similar can get you out of trouble, if you put some keg lube (better yet silicone grease) on the thread, fill the hole in the handle, and shove the tap thread in, there is a pretty good chance you will even be able to unscrew the handle after the putty sets.
Some practice with crappy bolts and bits of pipe or oversize nuts would be a very good idea.
Mark

Here is my tap handle, not current but close.
I've found that alot of US handles suit brumby threads and not the Andale Florytes had to get adapters from my good old mate @Pnutapper.

Attachments

• FILE163.JPG
    FILE163.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
Take them to bunnings they have a plate in the fastener isle with male /female threads mounted on them to check for size

Take them to bunnings they have a plate in the fastener isle with male /female threads mounted on them to check for size

^^ I grabbed some stainless steel nuts and glued them in. Also walked around and grabbed some furniture legs and cut them down to make the handles.
Can't for the life of me remember what size nut it was though, but I remember finding the answer in a forum somewhere

Latest posts

Back