Tap Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnw

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to turn my fridge into a kegerator. i would like a two tap system mounted in the front door of the fridge. I have searched a few of the online sponsors site and seem to either come up with the micromatic taps (and fittings) of Celli taps. both these taps come in at around $100 give or take.

Is there a cheaper way to have a two tap system without spending over $200. im not looking for the best of the best just a leg up to get my kegs up and running.

Ta

DrinkBeer

I doubt it, you could go with a beer gun. Obviously it wont be a tap on the fridge though.

My mate got a 3-pack from the US on ebay for like 90 bucks I think. They're not the best taps around (e.g. they don't spring back into position - you have to push it and pull it), but they came with the shaft which goes through the fridge and they do the job.

Hi,

I want to turn my fridge into a kegerator. i would like a two tap system mounted in the front door of the fridge. I have searched a few of the online sponsors site and seem to either come up with the micromatic taps (and fittings) of Celli taps. both these taps come in at around $100 give or take.

Is there a cheaper way to have a two tap system without spending over $200. im not looking for the best of the best just a leg up to get my kegs up and running.

Ta

DrinkBeer

Not quite as flash but this alternative will perhaps get you going while you seek out some nicer taps in the longer term :)
Cheers
Doug

Back