taking beer OS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartf

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going back to visit the inlaws and mates in London town and had a few requests to sample my beers. Anyone tried taking their beers on a plane? Checked luggage obviously, don't think a carry on slab would be a good look .
Would the bottles would explode leaving my clothes smelling like a pub carpet? Not entirely sure its worth the effort but if anyone has experience good bad or indifferent I'd be interested to hear it

I've never taken beers overseas but regularly take beers across Australia in my checked in luggage. Never had an issue. I take both glass and PET, but prefer PET, as they have a bit more give in them when the baggage handlers chuck your bags about. I wrap the bottles in clothes and then in plastic bags. I usually weigh my bag, then add bottles up to my checked in weight limit, last time I got 15 bottles in there!

I've had no worries with beer / scotch / glasses in luggage, just wrap in clothes and maybe inside an ugg boot too. Obviously make sure you don't exceed the limit you're allowed to bring in either.

Latest posts

Back