Sydney International Beer Festival 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
The June long weekend is coming up fast, and in Sydney there is a beer fest.
No idea on how craft the beers will be. Anyone have any inside info ?

Beers,
Doc

BEERFEST.gif

Anyone got any more info on it (ie. a list of beers/breweries) ?

Doc

This is all I got
"Discover some of the unique beer flavours of the world try a cherry infused beer from the Trappist monks of Belgium, a drop from one of the old, traditional breweries in the Czech Republic - Krusovice or Zatec, or take a trip around South-East Asia with the sweet citrussy flavours from Singapore and Thailand. Youll soon be in beer heaven.

And when youve drunk to your hearts desire, kick back after the festival has finished and catch some of Sydneys best DJs who will be kicking on into the night

Education theatre timetable:
Friday 5pm
Saturday 2pm and 4pm
Sunday 2pm and 4pm
* You can book a 30 minute education session when you purchase your tickets on the event day.
The Sydney International Beer Festival @ Bungalow 8
King Street Wharf
Friday June 8, Saturday June 9 and Sunday June 10

12 - 8pm
Entry into festival will be free of charge

Tasting cup $5.00

Each tasting ticket $1.00 (sold in blocks of 10 for $10)

Tickets will be available to purchase at the festival

Tasting tickets will be redeemed for a 60ml glass of any exhibited beer

try a cherry infused beer from the Trappist monks of Belgium
:lol:

Actually now that I think about it I would really like to try a cherry-infused Trappist beer...

I think the fact that it's at Bungalow 8 tells you all you need to know about it. Didn't they have something similar last year?

I didn't think there was such a thing I reckon they have got their Kreiks and Chimays confused

I didn't think there was such a thing I reckon they have got their Kreiks and Chimays confused

Last year I dont think there was an Aussie made beer on the list. I'd call for a boycott and picket the place for not following the motto of 'think globally, drink locally'.

Stale imported ninny pils beer - yummo!

Scotty

haha i think most of the punters that go along will think along those lines.

i went to it last year and it was pretty good from what i can remember...

heaps of australian beers too, but nothing out of the ordinary.

if its anything like last years, i would urge you to get there.

Gavwce...
you forgot the "No affiliation to bungalow 8 and/or..... " etc etc at the bottom of your post :D

The Sydney Beer Festival is being held at the Bungalow8 Restaurant, King Street, Wharf. I just contacted the restaurant and got some more info.

The festival will kick off with a lunch/launch this Friday at 12md in the restaurant. Entry to the restaurant and the festival is free. You buy a beer cup for $5 and purchase a block of 10 $1 refills. Each refill costs a dollar. The cup holds 60ml so you will be paying $15 for your first 600ml of beer and $10 per 600ml thereafter. Could get very expensive.

There is an alarcarte menu and also a $35 per head fixed menu which includes the $5 beer cup. You don't have to eat if you don't want.

I am going in with some non AHB mates as well as Pumpy and maybe Franko. What we will most likely be doing is going to the festival for the ten refills and then, depending on the climate - maybe head down to the rocks or thereabouts for some local micro.

Cheers, Hoges.

I just had a quick look down there. The mood is a bit sombre given the poor weather and most people are still at work, however each of the stands are undercover and I'm sure that everyone will crowd in later.

They have a reasonable range of beers, although I'm not sure if they have beers from 40 breweries as they have advertised. Perhaps there will be more breweries tomorrow + Sunday?

I would like to have tried Zatec (sounds like a hayfever medication) from the Czech Republic.

The only other beer that I hadn't tried was advertised on a poster (didn't see any bottles). It looked like an Aussie microbrew as it had a dog on the label (I can't remember the name of the beer).

They also have Little Creatures, Leffe, Budvar, DAB, Lucky, Erdinger, Michelob, Budweiser (I think?) + others.

Back