Sydney Bulk Grain Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good, paid up in full now. I just had a look at the list (#22) and had totally forgotten about the half bag of Munich haha.

Thanks for organising it all. In terms of storage for the splits, what do you recommend? Should I go to bunnings and pickup Handi-pails or is there a cheaper option somewhere.

Cheers
Clint

Hey Matt,

Sorry to be a pain in the bum. Any update on the pickup date / time? Still aiming for this Saturday?

Yeah this weekend would be super if possible.

Pretty sure he was aiming for Sunday. He's going to update everyone once it's confirmed to be delivered to him this week.

Should be fine, I believe everyone has paid.

Hey guys only just got the last payments through today. So the pallet will not be able to get here by the weekend end. To make it worse I work all weekend next week so it will have to be a Thursday arvo pick up unless everyone wants to wait till the following weekend. Let me know your thoughts

A Thursday arvo would be brilliant for me, if that pans out. Dying to get this brew on. Would the pickup be at Batch?

Gah that sucks. Can only do weekends. The sooner the better.
Cheers anyway.

I'll admit, I'm new to these bulk buys, but if Matt is willing to coordinate a Thursday pickup, would someone else be able to grab some of the grain off Matt and organise one on the weekend for those that cannot make Thursday? I'd offer but I'm out between either 12-4 or 2-6 on Saturdays depending on soccer kickoff time (semis so I won't know the time until a few days before). I also live in Padstow which is not very central.

Yeah I can't do weekdays either, happy for weekend.

Thursday afternoon is good for me. Am keen to start a brew with some of it.

I can do Thursday at Batch or the weekend after. I'm not in a rush.

I think the general consensus is the following weekend. I'll still let everyone know when the pallet arrives. I'll be working the whole of next weekend at Merrylands so if your after your stuff in a rush, I can take it there and you can pick it up while I'm working. I think I had everyone's numbers so I'll send out texts when it arrives with some flexible pick up options if I can

Hey guys all the grain has arrived. Test next weekend will be the pick up. However I am at work in Merrylands all weekend this week from 3pm tonight till 1am same tomorrow and then midday till 10pm Sunday. If you want your grain over the weekend just let me know and I'll take it with me. The only catch is if I get tied up at work you might have to wait but usually it works out fine. Other then that next weekend it is might be Sunday I will have to confirm but either way will be a 9am pick up at penrith and a 12:30-1pm pick up in the city at batch brew in marrickville or the rocks brewing company in Alexandria if my wife decides to come for lunch

Is there anyone up Hornsby way who could maybe pick up and hold my grain for me for a week? I'm away until the 19th.

Thanks again for the Bulk Buy organising, easy pick up. My weekends are now planned :)

All. Thank you for your patients. The pick up will be Sunday at the rocks brewing company, 160 Bourke street Alexandria. I'm aiming for midday so I can also grab a bite to eat. You guys should all have my number now and I'll text everyone tomorrow morning so that we are all on the same page. If there is anyone still requiring a west pick up on Sunday message me and we will sort out a time on the way in. See you all then.

Latest posts

Back