SWIMBO advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
panspermian said:
So with baby on the way in mid April,
She says:
'you can't brew in the house anymore.
Alcohol fumes are poisonous and will harm the baby'.

My brewing technique is getting better and I really wanted to enter a competition this year, even knowing I'll likely come last.
Recently purchased small fermenters to hone my skills, 'been waiting for the cooler months as I don't brew during summer. Seriously itching to do a brew.....
That's not true as far as I know, but really, don't piss off a pregnant lady. It's a mistake I've made more than once and regretted.

Is she keen on science? She's talking about fermentation right?

I know alcohol fumes are not dangerous.
My previous hobby was radio controlled aeroplanes. It turned into a slight obsession and planes started filling every room of our small unit. Due to circumstances and SWIMBO's protestations I have mostly given that hobby up.
I am currently studying science at uni, so I love how brewing ties in nicely with chemistry and microbiology.
With a science degree I may even get a job in the brewing industry.

I've tried the "I need to do this as this could be my future income and I need to practice."

A man needs a hobby.

I'm trying to work out the circumference of all these wives thumbs. All I know is they must be bloody big ones.

Guiness World Record sized ones I suspect. Maybe it's the fumes they've been breathing in all this time that's made their thumbs extraordinarily sized?

If my wife was going to give birth to a beautiful well behaved child, I would stop brewing, I'ld probably give the 2 kids we already have :)

I don't get it. Large thumbs?

Edit: You're under her thumb? Is that it? If so, got it! If not, please explain.

I knew there was something fishy going on when I walked into Dr. W. B. Thumb's office.

Mardoo said:
Prostate exams?
I've had one and only one.

As a consequence I cannot look my wife in the eye.

Latest posts

Back