Super 12 - 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interested in a tipping comp for Super 12 2005 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
The Super 12 kicks off for 2005 in just over a month (25 Feb).

Last year we had tipping comp, but only had a handful of regulars for the Super12 comp.
With more members this year if we have interest from a dozen or so I'll run the Super 12 tipping comp again. It will still be free to enter, and maybe we can get some members to put up some prizes again.

So are you interested ???

Beers,
Doc

PS: I've got the new projector installed in the sports center at Doc Central (plenty of beer brewing) and am looking forward to watching the Hurricanes win the hard ones and loose the easy ones yet again in 2005 :p

I'm in. Rugby nut (QLD Reds)

Bledisloe Cup this year also August 13 at Stadium Australia. If someone knows of advance tickets going on sale please let me know. Don't want to miss that one.

Duff.

Doc,

I'm keen to go in the tipping comp. However, it would need to be through Oz tips rather than the Rugbyheaven one (I think it's Footytips?), because my work firewall only lets me get onto Oztips. Otherwise, I guess I could just give you my tips each week and as the administrator, you could submit them for me.

GO THE REDS!!

Cheers - Snow

I'm in - ACT Brumbies all the way (again)!!

Clearly nobody on this forum follows the super 12 at all.... again it will be a boring predictable season with Canterbury winning all their games by a very solid margin, and highlighting the flaws in the coaching and playing skills in the balance of the teams. This will lead to the contraction of the competition next year to the "Super 2" where the rest of the world attempts to assemble a team capable of keeping the Crusaders to under a 30 point win.

dreamboat

Yeah count me in.
Im a rugby nut.
After running round in the Illawarra comp for a few years im finally coming back to play in Sydney again this season. I did colts with souths way back (maybe 8 or 9 seasons ago) but i think im going to give subbies a go. More beer drinking, less commitment.
Bring on the season, bring on the tipping comp.
Tim

I'll be in this year to support my local team....oh yeah, we havent got one (but we will do soon!). Guess I'll have to go back to supporting the canes. Hey Doc, I'm off to Wgtn tonight for a wedding. Whats the best micro to visit, is it the one down on the wharf?

dreamboat said:
Clearly nobody on this forum follows the super 12 at all.... again it will be a boring predictable season with Canterbury winning all their games by a very solid margin, and highlighting the flaws in the coaching and playing skills in the balance of the teams. This will lead to the contraction of the competition next year to the "Super 2" where the rest of the world attempts to assemble a team capable of keeping the Crusaders to under a 30 point win.

dreamboat
typical - bloody Kiwis still living in the 70s when NZ rugby was any good.....

Guest Lurker said:
I'll be in this year to support my local team....oh yeah, we havent got one (but we will do soon!). Guess I'll have to go back to supporting the canes. Hey Doc, I'm off to Wgtn tonight for a wedding. Whats the best micro to visit, is it the one down on the wharf?
GL,

In the city your best bet is Shed 22 down the end of Taranaki St on the wharf next to Te Papa for beers brewed on the premises.
Then maybe the Malthouse on Willis Street (just up from Lampton Quay) for 50 odd beers on tap.
Then have a look up Cuba St on Cuba St Mall. Can't recall the name of the joint but they have a lot of good beers from around the country.
If you make it up the Valley checkout the Parrot and Jigger at Melling (sp?).

Have fun.

Beers,
Doc

Yeah Ill be in. I know Im a Victorian, but I actually follow the rugby. As long as one of the aussie teams wins, I dont care.

I guess I'll be supporting the Brumbies again until Perth enters a team and then blind faith and unbreakable allegiences will mean that I must support them - even if they are called the sardines/pelicans etc etc etc :p

Chatty

i'll be in. is seven showing matche sthis year or just foxtel ?

redbeard said:
i'll be in. is seven showing matche sthis year or just foxtel ?
I'm not 100% but Seven ditched their weekly wrapup with Gordon Bray at the end of last year, so unless there is a backflip it'll be all Foxtel.

Looks like we are at a dozen interested. I'll get it organised.

Doc

If you make it up the Valley checkout the Parrot and Jigger at Melling

Just back from Hawkes Bay so I may be a bit late on this one.
The Parrot & Jigger Brewery is for sale - equipment to be removed by end of Jan, not sure if they're still brewing. There was a post on New Zealand Realbeer a few weeks back in one of the forums

Bar Bodega up Willis Street is also a good bet

Snow, a reminder that the Bledisloe Cup once again resides in its rightful place !

The mighty Tahs will take the cup this year!

Who am I kidding... Go the Brumbies

jaytee said:
If you make it up the Valley checkout the Parrot and Jigger at Melling

Just back from Hawkes Bay so I may be a bit late on this one.
The Parrot & Jigger Brewery is for sale - equipment to be removed by end of Jan, not sure if they're still brewing. There was a post on New Zealand Realbeer a few weeks back in one of the forums

Bar Bodega up Willis Street is also a good bet

Snow, a reminder that the Bledisloe Cup once again resides in its rightful place !
Yeah - enjoy it while it lasts....the Kiwis will have it for a few more months, yet!

Latest posts

Back