Sunshine Coast - local tips

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philmud

Reaction score
I'm heading up to The Sunshine Coast for a week away shortly & an wondering if any locals have any recommendations on what to do and where to eat. I'll be there with my partner & our two year old, so while I'd be keen to hear of any great bottleos or breweries, I don't plan on doing much drinking up there. We also have a kitchen where we are staying, so great places to shop for food also welcome.

Definitely hit up Blackwater Trading Co. At Moffat beach.... Very nice food.....and craft beer on tap....
Wander down ocean street at Maroochydore..... Lots of food choice....and some good tap beers @ piano bar....

OB out....

Liam_snorkel said:
Whereabouts on the coast?
Alexandra Headland

oakburner said:
Definitely hit up Blackwater Trading Co. At Moffat beach.... Very nice food.....and craft beer on tap....
Wander down ocean street at Maroochydore..... Lots of food choice....and some good tap beers @ piano bar....

OB out....
Cheers OB, will check it out!

Welcome to the Sunny Coast.

I'm at the southern end and one of my favourite spots for a few drinks is the Drift Bar at Caloundra. Overlooks Bulcock Beach, towards Bribie Island, they've got a few good craft beers on tap, usually have live entertainment and it's pretty a pretty relaxing place to kick back.

If you want to try a couple of local micros, there's Brewbake at the Big Pineapple, nice beer, but there's not much else going on at the once iconic tourist attraction.

Also, you could try The Sunshine Coast Brewery at Kunda Park. It's in an industrial estate and they've been around for a few years, so they must be doing something right. They do a nice Pilsner and a pretty tasty calamari dish. Check opening times, because they might not open very late.

Taps at Mooloolaba, I've never been there, someone else might be able to give you an idea of what it's like.

B-Fresh, Nicklin Way, Warana is a good place to go for groceries.

There's Farmers markets run out at the Big Pineapple every Saturday morning, so a good chance to check out Brewbake and get some grocery. The Sunnny Coast Brewery is on the road out to there from Alex,(but worth a trip in its own right) with plenty of variety on tap and a good chef.

On the Second Friday of every month Ocean Street has a night market with live bands, kids rides etc (Nights on Ocean), some good spots to eat along there for sure.

Taps is a favorite spot with plenty of good beer on rotation for reasonable prices. The food is pretty good too.

I still havent found a really decent bottle around here, if Im buying its from Dans at Kawana.

Black Devil Dog said:
Taps at Mooloolaba, I've never been there, someone else might be able to give you an idea of what it's like.
there's also beach bar & grill around the corner, similar tap list, beers & food about $1 cheaper, and a view of the water.

+1 for the sunshine coast brewery, their rye ESB is so damn good. They used to have a bar on the corner of ocean street, in that location now is the "piano bar" which I think still has a bunch of the SCB beers on tap.

if you've got a car, check out the Eumundi Markets http://www.eumundimarkets.com.au/

the Ginger factory is good if you like ginger. They have a little train which your 2yo might enjoy http://www.gingerfactory.com.au/

Latest posts

Back