Sunshine Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike, that got the old grey cells working.

How about we do a Friday and a Wednesday 2 weeks later?
See what the membership feel. It could be the way forward, maybe even end up with 2 mets a month for those keen enough.

How about Friday, a week today, the 15th. Pick a venue!

Hey guys

I'm based near Beerwah and to be honest haven't posted here for bloody ages ... still brewing, just juggling tiny kids too :D

I am occasionally allowed out to play, so I've been running the Maleny Brew Crew for the past three and half years at Finbar's Irish Pub in Maleny.

On the last Saturday of each month 2-5pm we wander through samples of 8 different brews, do a beer quiz (with a good prize for the winning team), eat good pizza, vote on our favourite beer ... and sometimes get a bit emotional.

Price is $30 ... and the bar has Guinness, JS Amber on tap and the increasingly awesome range of beers next door at Purple Palate!

Sorry for the shameless plug, but it looks like it would be a good 'field-trip' to do one day.

Batz and Savvy, Screwy and myself have all brought some of our beer along for people to try in the past... and we've talked about doing a homebrew special one day where all the beers are provided by homebrewers and no doubt there'd be a prize for the people's choice.

FB page here: https://www.facebook.com//MalenyBrewCrew#!/MalenyBrewCrew?fref=ts
This month we're doing a solid IPA session :chug:

luggy said:
Maleny Brew Crew are heading to Brisbane Beerfest at Eaton Hills Hotel on 18th April but need more people to make up numbers. Info can be found at:

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2015/04/brisbane-beer-fest-on-the-grass-april-18/

https://www.facebook.com/events/657244711054437/

I have no vested interest in this other than I want to see it get off the ground, and from what I understand there will be a private tasting for anyone who makes the trip down with us.
$30 a head

Cheers
Might see some of you there.. PS Gidday Shed.

I think we still need a few more to get it off the ground, hopefully see you there winkle

luggy said:
I think we still need a few more to get it off the ground, hopefully see you there winkle
Looks like we have the numbers to make it work... But room on board for plenty more.
There's beer for the journey, some private tasting sessions when we get there.

I'm keen, but how does all this work? do you pay at each stall or are they just handing out samples for punters to try?

Gold coin donation to enter, then you buy tickets inside to swap for beers.

Just found out about this BrewSchool @ Blackwater Trading Co, Anyone on the Sunshine Coast looking to get into all grain brewing and those already doing it, will probably get a bit out of the day.

It's at Moffat Beach May 9th.

I wanted to go to it, as it is one of my fav places to go for a few craft beers, but alas, the missus is on the goldy for a hens and I've got the little fella to look after :(

Hey guys,
Anyone on Haydens mailing list that have spoken to him recently? I spoke to him about some malt a few weeks back but cant get in touch since his move to Coes Creek (phone number says its disconnected??). if anyone has his current phone number can you pls PM me!!

thanks

Thanks for the PM's everyone .... but the number I have is the same as everyone else.... just wondered if there was some news I didn't know about or something... appears as though haydens xxxx xxx 045 number is now disconnected....

OB

1 Jamie Sav - Beerwah
2 Batz - Kin Kin
3 Simon SG - Kawana
4 Mark Ratchie - Nambour
5 Luggy - Bald Knob
6 Robert - Maroochydoore
7 Ian - Golden Beach
8 Josh_ Pomona
9 Mike - Caloundra
10 joe- Kuluin
11 Oakburner - Mooloolah
12 Bill - Golden Beach
13 John - Glenview
14 Harry - Nambour
15 Luke Bucks - Buderim
16 Keef_g - Caloundra
17 Martin - Golden Beach
18 Hazo - Mudjimba,

Hello everyone. Just thought I would put myself on the list. Hope thats ok, just looking to meet other local brewers and talk shop. I BIAB and I have met brewer 15. Luke Bucks who I bought my gear off (Gday Luke).

Latest posts

Back