Sunday 5th Of June.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sunday 5th June will be the next B.A.R. shindig.

This won't be a brewday, but more an excuse to catch up, taste some different beers, talk sh*t and check out as many of billygoat's holiday snaps from English breweries as we can!

Once again there will be some beer served through the hand pump(s).

This is a good chance to meet some like-minded brewers and get some feedback on your beer(s).

Please PM billygoat for further details.
:beer:

Hi all,

Sunday 5th June will be the next B.A.R. shindig.

This won't be a brewday, but more an excuse to catch up, taste some different beers, talk sh*t and check out as many of billygoat's holiday snaps from English breweries as we can!

Once again there will be some beer served through the hand pump(s).

This is a good chance to meet some like-minded brewers and get some feedback on your beer(s).

Please PM billygoat for further details.
:beer:

Sorry bout that, a blank reply, and I am not drinking !!!!!!!!!!!

Another meeting, brilliant, we can probably taste some of the schofferhoffer I made at the last brewday, see i can still say it, maybe I can't spell it, but I can say it.

Cheers

Sorry bout that, a blank reply, and I am not drinking !!!!!!!!!!!

Another meeting, brilliant, we can probably taste some of the schofferhoffer I made at the last brewday, see i can still say it, maybe I can't spell it, but I can say it.

Cheers

You might be able to say Schofferhoffer still, but can you say Weihenstephan yet :p ?

Awesome to be meeting again, last time was good fun. This date suits me, and hopefully I'll have a Cal Lager ready for sampling on the day.

Cheers

schofferhoffer

I've been giggling about that all week... :lol: , my gf got sick of me saying it on the drive back to my joint haha... I don't know what it is or how to say it but I'll drink it.

I think I'll swap a longneck of vic45's porter for two grolsch bottles of my black wheat thing. I know he'll read this at some stage...

I might have an ESB by then, if not I'll bring a few more of the TTLL's mk1 and 2 (bearing in mind mk1 is being kept aside as my possible case swap beer in July so it is for sampling, not quaffing).

Lecterfan said:
t.

I think I'll swap a longneck of vic45's porter for two grolsch bottles of my black wheat thing. I know he'll read this at some stage...

Do you mean the Robust Porter we had on handpump or the one I had in bottles?

Either way I think we can work something out :icon_chickcheers:

Do you mean the Robust Porter we had on handpump or the one I had in bottles?

Either way I think we can work something out :icon_chickcheers:

1 of each and then I can work out what I meant retrospectively...while sipping on a shoffenroffenborffenMchoffen....

Caught up with Lecterfern today and found out about this day. At this stage I'll be there, will bring a couple of bottles of my schwarzbier and possibly some leftover sweet stout in a keg. A pm has made its way to you Billygoat!

p.s am I allowed to bring some photos of my belgian visit? :p

haha, released I PM'd you. PM'd sent to billygoat now :)

Yea I got that - I just thought you were being a sharing human being and ccd it to me or something haha...

Have any of the BAR blokes got any yeast reserves put aside? I have a first gen (from the smack pack) 1968 that I could probably farm out...anyone else?

Yea I got that - I just thought you were being a sharing human being and ccd it to me or something haha...

Have any of the BAR blokes got any yeast reserves put aside? I have a first gen (from the smack pack) 1968 that I could probably farm out...anyone else?
If you ever want a jug full of W34/70 or US05/S04 blend, I have it on tap ;)

Good to see some local activity happening and would love to come along to a day at sometime for a coldie, but I haven't made a "home brew" for at least a year or more! Might just have to bring some Rat to share.

On that note I'll post up my kegging gear for sale soon as it is just gathering dust and could be put to better use. I have a fermenting fridge (takes 2 x 25 lt), 2 x temperature controllers (heating and cooling), 3 tap serving fridge with 4 outlet gas manifold (holds 4 kegs), 6 x 19 lt kegs, counter pressure bottle filler, other bits and pieces etc... moving house next week and will get it all together for sale soon...let me know if there is any interest...

Cheers, Andrew.

If you ever want a jug full of W34/70 or US05/S04 blend, I have it on tap ;)

Good to see some local activity happening and would love to come along to a day at sometime for a coldie, but I haven't made a "home brew" for at least a year or more! Might just have to bring some Rat to share.

On that note I'll post up my kegging gear for sale soon as it is just gathering dust and could be put to better use. I have a fermenting fridge (takes 2 x 25 lt), 2 x temperature controllers (heating and cooling), 3 tap serving fridge with 4 outlet gas manifold (holds 4 kegs), 6 x 19 lt kegs, counter pressure bottle filler, other bits and pieces etc... moving house next week and will get it all together for sale soon...let me know if there is any interest...

Cheers, Andrew.

Gday Andrew - I would be interested in picking up some bits and pieces depending on price (full time Uni student). I dropped in to Creswick Road early last summer, met you and said gday (not sure if you remember).

I regularly buy a 6pack of your brown ale, although as we discussed on the day, the older recipe was slightly more to my taste.

It'd be great if you could come along some time and have a yarn (and several beers).

I might grab a jug of your ale blend and give that a go in a porter!

Just bumping this thread to remind anyone in the Ballarat region, or anywhere else for that matter, that we will have a get together on the 5th June at Lal Lal. It will be an informal gathering of brewers to taste, swap, drink, spill, swap ideas etc of all things homebrew.
If you want to know any details PM me or any of the Ballarat brewers on this thread.
Cheers
Billygoat

Anyone in the Buninyong contingent driving that could offer a fellow brewer a lift out and back? You know save the earth an all that :)

I'll be bringing some more Porter like last time and a California Lager.

Anyone in the Buninyong contingent driving that could offer a fellow brewer a lift out and back? You know save the earth an all that :)

I'll be bringing some more Porter like last time and a California Lager.

...err, yes anyone in the Buninyong area willing to give more than just one person a lift let me know. I can get to Buninyong easily enough. I'm not going to pretend that I'm being environmentally friendly, I just want to drink billygoat's beer.

There is the outside chance that the Creswick representative and I might get to Buninyong from my place together but would love a lift from there...

Anyway, nothing is finalised, but if someone can do a lift from (and then back to) Buninyong then maybe something can be worked out???

We'll wait and see what happens...

edit: I'll bring whatever is new and bottled between now and then! Should be at least one ESB attempt, a longneck of schwarz and a longneck of my 1469+GP beer for Billygoat to try.

err, yes, um, ahem, well as the Creswick B.A.R Representitive I can confirm that I will be in attendance. Lecterfern has reserved 1 seat and I'm happy to be designated driver for the day - will need to save myself so I can drown my sorrows later that night when my Saints will not doubt get pumped by collingwood :(

Won't cost you fuel money, just a bottle of your finest for me to enjoy later on :D . Three more seats available. Can pick up from Creswick, Lecterferns place or Buninyong.

Thats a fair trade, isnt it?

oh, and what time?

err, yes, um, ahem, well as the Creswick B.A.R Representitive I can confirm that I will be in attendance. Lecterfern has reserved 1 seat and I'm happy to be designated driver for the day - will need to save myself so I can drown my sorrows later that night when my Saints will not doubt get pumped by collingwood :(

Won't cost you fuel money, just a bottle of your finest for me to enjoy later on :D . Three more seats available. Can pick up from Creswick, Lecterferns place or Buninyong.

Thats a fair trade, isnt it?

My girlfriend has offered to drive us from my joint to Buninyong..sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I expected you to pick me up on the way!!! That is why I was saying that "...There is the outside chance that the Creswick representative and I might get to Buninyong from my place together but would love a lift from there...
..." ...but if you would rather commandeer the whole thing that's fine also :icon_chickcheers: .

The trip to Lal Lal is heaps quicker for us if we DON'T go to Buninyong (like it will make maybe 15-20 mins difference each way), but that is entirely your call amigo...

I'm in. Had better do some brewing this week!

Latest posts

Back