Ballarat Brewday Sunday 5th May

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
Due to a couple of non-BAR Ballarat brewers making their presence known I thought I'd make this 'public' (after already PM'ing and confirming the date with two of the non-BAR brewers)...

This Sunday I will be doing a brewday for anyone who is interested in seeing just how easy AG can be at its simplest.

I will be doing two brews:

1. My main full volume BIAB in the keggle (a variation of the Little Fellas Pale Ale driven by Simcoe and Cascade), and

2. A 'partial mash' APA - in reality this is a stovetop BIAB (with less lengthy boil than normal) that will produce about 12L of delicious 65ish IBU AG beer on it's own (Simcoe and Citra, yummers) but that will be blended with a coopers lager kit to make a full volume 50IBU-ish beer.

This day is aimed at practically demonstrating the simplicity of the theories that have been espoused by many valuable contributors on this site, and also to show first-hand some of the benefits that come with networking in the homebrewing world (in terms of bulk buys, help with yeast, water additions, etc etc for those who don't want to be hunched over a computer for hours on end).

'Doors open' 11am.

Non-BAR brewers can PM me for details.

The rest of you can turn up or not...late notice and the day will hold nothing of great interest for you I don't suppose haha...
:icon_cheers:

edited a mistaken calculation.

I'll be there my friend. Is there anything I need to or you'd like me to bring?

Money, cocaine, fake pilots licence, some decent beers, a designated driver or taxi fare if you are going to drink some decent beers. I have a few of mine on hand, but not much...

I can't bring any decent beers, because you've yet to teach me how to make them! (see what I did there...?)

But I can bring food for lunch, or some dextrose or something of the like as a thanks for helping us out :)

Well, that was excellent. Full credit to Rich and Deano for a tops day. Excellent beers on hand and better hospitality. I got a lot out of it (and not just pissed!) and I am super excited that blokes like you exist and are happy to share tips and knowledge and very funny stories!

I don't remember anything much from after you left haha. Good to meet you both though, feel free to PM any questions etc!

only just saw this.

Lecterfan and deano were funny? You sure you were at the right place??

:p

Latest posts

Back