Ballarat/buninyong Brewday!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
Alright, listen up one and all:

Sunday 1st of May The Ballarat And Region Craft Brewers (the BAR) are having their first (of many) brew days, kindly being hosted by vic13. :icon_chickcheers:

There will be at least one AG brew being done on the day, many different AG bottled brews to try (from 2011 harvest ales to dark wheats to landlord styles...and that's just what I'm bringing haha), and a traditional beer engine pumping out vic45's latest porter and/or my last "Better red..." recipe.

There will be a bbq lunch on the go also.

I am just the mouth piece for this, please send vic13 a message letting him know if you will attend and then someone will get back to you with directions/further details etc.

I'm not sure of the time, but I'm guessing we kick off around midday.

BYO EVERYTHING!!!
Chair, bottles to swap or just to show off how great your beer is, favourite viking drinking horn, snacks, etc.

If you have a portable set up and you no-chill then why not bring it along?!

This will be undercover so is going ahead regardless of what the balmy Ballarat Autumn throws at us.

Thinking that AG is too hard? Come and watch!

MMMmmmmmm....beer.

english_bitter_ale2.JPG

I'm so there.

Just bottled me own AG Porter which I'll bring along for some swaps.

I'm keen to meet a few fellow brewers and see what some AG veterans can do. :p

I'll message vic13 now.

I'm so there.

AG veterans. :p

Not sure how many of "them" will be there HAHA!

Having made that smart-arse comment I should clarify that virtually all of them are AG veterans compared to me...

And if Kleiny shows up he might just bring some of that American Wheat of his HINT HINT.

You can always drink new teachers' old brews...wait does that work?

Have a ball guys. Currently "drying out" in Zurich after an amazing few days in Brussels drinking beer that was stunning. Next week its another bout of drinking as I attend an Irish wedding.

Hopefully its the start of many more get togethers!

p.s - heres hoping you have some grain safely tucked away at your place Lecterfern, awaiting my return?

Rest easy weary traveller: I have 125kgs safely tucked away in various grain bins, old chest freezers etc. Of course when you are back I might have to take a kilo here and there off your hands as "jealousy tax" haha...The smell of the choc is driving me mad!!!

Having made that smart-arse comment I should clarify that virtually all of them are AG veterans compared to me...

The only vetran side of me is my age !!!!!!!

I am loooking forward to sharing brew tips with everyone, I only use basic home made gear just like you Lecterfan, i am sure i have no better knowledge than most.

I am looking forward to the discussions and the BEER !!!!

cheers

I am looking forward to the discussions and the BEER !!!!

I am really keen to sample my TTLL attempt with Maris Otter - it'll only be two weeks old by Sunday but I'm going to crack a couple regardless.

Roll on Sunday!

Roll on Sunday!

I have sent email to all on list, anyone wishing to come on Sunday will need to send me a PM if you are not on our email list.
We are going to have a great day with at least two brews bubbling at the same time, while drinking some over the BBQ AAAAHHHHHH

Looking forward to Sunday too.

I will bring some home killed 2 tooth for the BBQ,

Beer engine and Porter to pull through it,

Vic13 is brewing a Hefewiezen and I will brew a Best Bitter.

Better bring our spare livers just in case Billygoat turns up with his famous 6% ESB and Beer Engine!

I will bring some home killed 2 tooth for the BBQ,

Better bring our spare livers just in case Billygoat turns up with his famous 6% ESB and Beer Engine!

vic13: forget what i said about meat - that is the type I DO eat!!!

vic45: I'm being driven around by my loving gf so I'm up for the challenge haha...

What yeast are you using for the best bitter? Wondering if I might be able to pinch some? A tiny bit into a grolsch bottle that I can take home and turn into a starter maybe?

I want to have a crack at my first bitter next week...

Sent Marty a PM on all the jobs SWMBO has me doing this weekend on the farm but I am very jealous and if I have to drive from Dereel to Ballarat this Sunday to pick up fencing supplies I might accidently take a wrong turn somewhere and mistakenly head to Buninyong.

I can host the next one. Twenty acres, dams with yabbies, 2-car garage with couch and pot bellied stove, work shed and 4bay covered parking should cover all seasons.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Sent Marty a PM on all the jobs SWMBO has me doing this weekend on the farm but I am very jealous and if I have to drive from Dereel to Ballarat this Sunday to pick up fencing supplies I might accidently take a wrong turn somewhere and mistakenly head to Buninyong.

I can host the next one. Twenty acres, dams with yabbies, 2-car garage with couch and pot bellied stove, work shed and 4bay covered parking should cover all seasons.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Forget the swag, I'm bringing the tent for that one haha!

Don't be scared to bring the swag or tent to this one, I have a dam and six acres of land to pitch your tent on !!

Tempting...this one's close enough for my gf (who is in Sebas) to drop off and pick up at the end of the day though...I think that is my 2011 xmas present haha

...alright, I'm tired, slightly hungover and cranky...what could snap me out of my mood, what could perk me up and provde me with both vim and vigour? The strength to face the week?

Aaaah yes, that's right... AWESOME!

...alright, I'm tired, slightly hungover and cranky...what could snap me out of my mood, what could perk me up and provde me with both vim and vigour? The strength to face the week?

Aaaah yes, that's right... AWESOME!

It's Brew Day! :icon_chickcheers:

Its not too late : Message vic13 now.

Will be a great day.

See you there.

Although I'm pretty well plastered now, it was great to taste my beer from the hand pump/beer engine...I make a half decent beer ya know!!!

See you all in a month or so...

Latest posts

Back