Sunbeam Beer Mate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franko

Red Rocket Brewery
Reaction score
just seen this on the tv
Takes those 5litre kegs available at bottle shops and comes with a 6 litre keg for homebrewers etc
Its a bit pricey at $569 RRP
Looks like they will be released mid December
Sunbeam Beer Mate

Franko

$569!!! Geezus, i'm in the wrong business! If people are willing to pay that they can go for it!

Interesting to see products like this in the market though, i can imagine early next year we will be getting heaps of people on the forum who've bought one and want to know how they can use it to store more beer...

is that the Dell version of the Mac G4 beer dispenser (surprisingly) from a few years ago?
Go those photocopiers PC geeks!
Every 4th beer, you have to turn everything off and restart it ;)

OK,

the real question is where do you get the 6 litre reuseable keg???

and how much do they cost???

My local hardware store has one pre-ordered - apparently the unit will also operate with normal kegs, just a matter of connecting it up. Not that I'm interested anyway ;-)

Mmmmm, wonder how they are going to do CO2?? Gottabe Soda Stream bottles right

Mmmmm, wonder how they are going to do CO2?? Gottabe Soda Stream bottles right

Me thinks gravity. See what is already on offer in the US, here.

Big price differecne US$100 vs AU$570, I think the sunbeam version has a compressor cooler which will make it a lot dearer then the thermo electric cooler.

I wonder if we will be seing these in a few years time at garage sales!
Thats when i will buy one.
How many more of these type of gizmos will they try and flog?

Here is another unit, it uses CO2 cartridges, still a LOT cheaper then the sunbeam jobby at 134 euro delivered. I would like to see one of these to have a play.

Trouble is they use the 5L kegs that we don't see that much here and are not the home brew friendly.

apparently the unit will also operate with normal kegs, just a matter of connecting it up.

I had a look at one of these things today, and just to set the record straight: they CANNOT be used with Cornelius or Sanke kegs, at least not without modification. They can be used with pressurized 5 or 6L European-style mini kegs, or with their own universal mini-keg which can be filled with whatever you like.

The bad news is that they are powered with COMPRESSED AIR! :huh: I can already hear all you beergeeks groaning - imagine the oxidation potential... Hard to believe that a company like sunbeam would come up with such a dumb idea.

OK, now I've corrected my earlier mistake...

Its a bit pricey at $569 RRP

A bit!!

you could get a full kegging setup with nice fonts. CO2. and about 3-4 kegs for that over the top price

what beer kegs at the bottle shop would you be able to put in this?/ heineken?? bitburger?? And how long would they keep the beer fresh??

Also how would you go about putting homebrew into the plastic keg that comes with it?? ferment as usual and then when you bottle just put some in the keg instead??

A bit!!

you could get a full kegging setup with nice fonts. CO2. and about 3-4 kegs for that over the top price

Hit the nail on the head there Finite

Batz

We actually came across this sort of thing a while back:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=2822&st=0

The idea (I believe) is that the keg contains an inflatable bladder - the compressed air inflates the bladder to keep the beer pressurised.

It will probably appeal to the kind of people who are happy to pay several dollars for 'cartridges' for their coffee machine, but a bit pricey and inadequate for most of us I would reckon...

Where from? a nice font, say 3 tap flooded would be about $250 second hand, with snaplock adaptors add $100, plus taps and collars, about 80 each, thats thats nearly $600 so far with no kegs, co2, drip tray, or cooling for that matter...

edit: addition error :p

Saw in Radio Rentals the other day, then saw the price. It's worth mentioning that they're not targeted at us.

Back