Summer Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bt1

Reaction score
Hello all,

Gotten to the point where would like to hear what you gurus brew in summer. Not talking about refridge as a way to avoid increased temps, but brews truly suited to the warmer months.

Wheats, steams perhaps, changing yeasts to avoid lager restraints of temp...love to here your thoughts so I can continue to plough on and keep all these bloody kegs full.

Advice, commentary most welcome.

cheers
bt1

Saison. Drier and more crisp than any lager, and easy to brew in summer, 25-30c no problems, it loves it hot. Though to be honest I drink mild and bitter in summer with no problem, I drink what I feel like, not restrained by season

I'm farkin smitten to the Mt Goat Steam Ale starting points going around the traps! Challange accepted.

Very interested in this thread, no temp control here and apparently way too warm for anything else.

Yeah get it sorted indi. It's like going camping with no tent pegs. Waiter.....

Well there's a couple of starters, 2 kegs down...

4 to go!

many thanks

bt1

indica86 said:
Very interested in this thread, no temp control here and apparently way too warm for anything else.
indica86 said:
Last saison I did I started at 23 or so, then let it slowly get to 30 over 4 days. It loves it hot. Tastes tart and crisp.

indica86 said:
Got a laundry sink/big tub,water, towels and some ice packs?
You've got temp control, this is how I did it for my first 2 summers (except for my very first brew) and all my brews have turned out just fine, sat at around 20-22 the whole time

I brew whatever I want, whenever I want
ATM I've got a choc porter, belgian whit and a citra/cascade IPA on tap

Okies, halfway through fermenting an IPA - kits n bits - with good temp control, it has stayed @ 18° the whole time.
When it has finished fermenting can I leave it at ambient temp for the dry hop, then cold crash in ice prior to bottling?

Latest posts

Back