Substitute suggestions for Falconer's 7Cs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falconers flight?

I've been looking at this blend, seems like a fun one to have a go at..

@ Manticle, I believe it's a different blend, well... more of a blend, I dont think (Will stand corrected) that FF has the 7 in.

Actually further reading suggests there are two blended hop varieties - Falconer's Flight and Falconer's 7cs with seven cs being centennial, columbus, cascade, chinook, citra, cluster and crystal and FF being citra, simcoe, sorachi ace and others.

Proprietary blend of hops so I guess subs would be you blending those hops.

Confusingly named but I believe it's to honour someone called Glen.

7C's is different to normal Falconer's Flight. It is made of 7 hops starting with "C". Cascade, Centennial, Columbus, Citra, Chinook, etc. Not sure of the exact amounts.

Yob said:
@ Manticle, I believe it's a different blend, well... more of a blend, I dont think (Will stand corrected) that FF has the 7 in.
Yeah my mistake. See next post

Some possibilities:

Calypso
Cascade
Centennial
Chelan
Chinook
Citra
Cluster
Columbus
Crystal

It is known to be Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Citra, Cluster, Columbus and Crystal plus some shady guys that probably weren't reliable enough to sell on their own merits.

I prefered the Falconers Flight over the 7c's when using it. Its hard to repeat as it might only be a dash of some hops and a bucketload of another from the list of available hops in the blend.

[SIZE=medium]Just to clarify, the 7C’s mix I have is my own not Falconers Flight.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Didn’t even know there was a 7cs mix on the market when I made mine.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I was looking to make a kickass AIPA and wanted something different and very complex so made a mixture of equal parts of each of 7 American hops whose name began with C, the AA% averaged out to be 8.6%; people who tasted the beer and wanted to brew it so we kept making the mix.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Mark[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back