• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tipsy

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Since buying a Braumeister I realise I will never use most of my 3V equipment anymore.
So here's some stuff I want to offload.

20150710_122426_zps1kaifyxk.jpg

1 hardly used 60lt Techni ice esky. I used this few a few double batches

20150710_122744_zpsdl55z4ij.jpg

20150710_122732_zpsilcfabww.jpg

A very well used and stained 34lt Esky

20150710_123100_zpshdhdqu1n.jpg

20150710_122918_zps3amacj0f.jpg

A Beerbelly false screen that fits in both eskies

20150710_122932_zpstsg5n7np.jpg

20150710_122900_zps979bxzfz.jpg

A mashmaster dial thermometer. Please note both eskies have holes in them to suit.

20150710_123022_zpsxaifmqqk.jpg

A 40lt Aluminium pot I used as a HLT....It is a little pitted where I must have left some cleaning agent in it a few years ago but still works as intended.

20150710_122529_zpsr6nylc0p.jpg

Pitted top of picture

20150710_122449_zpshvcn0l7q.jpg

Finally a choice of either a 3 ring burner with low pressure reg or a turkey/nasa burner with a high pressure regulator (I know which one I'd choose)

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd398/mrtipsy202/Mobile%20Uploads/20150710_122535_zpsxevzmrn5.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd398/mrtipsy202/Mobile%20Uploads/20150710_122543_zpsgperijch.jpg

All you'd need to make beer is a boiler. I used a 50lt pot for single batches and a 70lt for doubles, I'm keeping those.

I'm asking $270 for the lot pick up or buyer organises freight. I'm in South Gippsland, Victora
PM me if you want anymore details

Thanks

Price drop to $220.
If it doesn't sell this week I will sell separate. :beer:

Hey Tipsy, it's Ricki here. I've been dabbling in extract brewing for the last few months and would like to take the leap into all grain. I see that you have a bunch of gear for sale and wanted to quickly pick your brain on how you used it.

Firstly you mention that you know which burner you would chose, I am struggling to find a clear reason why one of them would be better than the other one, is it something to do with the degree of regulation that you get from the nasa burner?

If you could quickly run through how you would make a brew using this equipment it would be greatly appreciated, there is a wealth of information on the internet and creating an affordable all-grain system from scratch is proving to be quite the challenge.

You mention that all that is needed is a boiler, do you have any suggestions on what I would be able to use for this? Also, how have you been going about cooling your wort? I was looking at making at making my own Immersion Wort Chiller with some copper tubing.

I hope I am not bothering you too much with these questions.

Thank you very much, your help is majorly appreciated.

rixta2 said:
Hey Tipsy, it's Ricki here. I've been dabbling in extract brewing for the last few months and would like to take the leap into all grain. I see that you have a bunch of gear for sale and wanted to quickly pick your brain on how you used it.

Firstly you mention that you know which burner you would chose, I am struggling to find a clear reason why one of them would be better than the other one, is it something to do with the degree of regulation that you get from the nasa burner?

If you could quickly run through how you would make a brew using this equipment it would be greatly appreciated, there is a wealth of information on the internet and creating an affordable all-grain system from scratch is proving to be quite the challenge.

You mention that all that is needed is a boiler, do you have any suggestions on what I would be able to use for this? Also, how have you been going about cooling your wort? I was looking at making at making my own Immersion Wort Chiller with some copper tubing.

I hope I am not bothering you too much with these questions.

Thank you very much, your help is majorly appreciated.
Hi Ricki,
The first thing I do using ANY equipment is use a software program to work out my recipe.
I use Beersmith but there are others that are free. In Beersmith you tell the program what equipment you are using and the beer you want to make and it will then print out a sheet with directions to follow.

I then fill the 40lt pot (HLT) with water and bring it up to the temperature Beersmith tells me for the 1st infusion.
I put my grain in the esky (False bottom in) put the amount of water in that Beersmith tells me, stir and check temperature is right, put lid on and wait for the desired time.
If I am doing more than a single infusion I repeat the process.

After an hour or so for conversion I preform a then drain into the kettle. I don't use tinfoil like that bloke but pour over the back of the mash paddle.
After draining I batch sparge (add more hot water from the HLT) to rinse more sugar from the grain.
Vorlauf again, and drain into the kettle.
You should then have your sweet wort to start boiling with hops same as your extract brewing. :super:
My kettle is a SS 50lt pot that's the perfect size for single batches, I'm not ready to part with that ;) My brother has a 70lt pot that we do double batches in.
The nasa burner is by far the best burner, very quick to come to the boil.
I also made a chiller from 1/2" copper that I forgot to put up. I nearly always slow chill in the cube now.

Hope this all helps, it is a pretty simple process but daunting the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, it's really appreciated.

I did a bunch more reading last night and this looks like the route I'm planning on taking. I'd love to come around and pick these up if they were still available!

All sold. Thanks Ricki, was really nice meeting you.

Back