Stuck fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronwales

Reaction score
Ive made a dr smurto's golden ale using s-05 and im stuck on 1.020. Iv given it a stir and raised temp to 21°. But still at same gravity, its been 3 weeks . Is it safe to bottle?

THat's good! I wouldn't bottle US05 at 1.020 (on a 1.047ish beer) - there's probably still quite a bit to ferment. You could also dissolve about 100g of sugar in a bit of boiling water and add that to the fermenter to help kick-start they yeast, then leave at 20+ degrees to finish.

The reason I asked about the refractometer is that they'll read higher than the true gravity after fermentation starts.

Ill have to do that today i already dry hopped so ill cold crash get it off the old yeast and dry hops and put in secondary with the starter ive made. Hopefully it wont take to long.

THat's good! I wouldn't bottle US05 at 1.020 (on a 1.047ish beer) - there's probably still quite a bit to ferment. You could also dissolve about 100g of sugar in a bit of boiling water and add that to the fermenter to help kick-start they yeast, then leave at 20+ degrees to finish.

The reason I asked about the refractometer is that they'll read higher than the true gravity after fermentation starts.
Cheers bud, after i posted i realized 100 other post with same question. Cheers for taking the time out . This beer is for the royal show beer comp, so i really hope its perfect. Taste good so far, hopefully it wins a place

Latest posts

Back