Stored Wort (no Chilled Ag) - 14months

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVZOOM

Reaction score
JUst a quick one - I no-chilled a batch of double choc stout to a 17L cube around 14-15 months ago. Stored in the garage, in a darkish and reasonably cool environment, cracked it this morning and gave it some yeast.

Smelled amazingly good, fresh as - no difference between it and a 2-3 day old cube as far as I could tell. Not bad for 14 months. Anyone stored and used longer than this? :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers - Mike

AusDB still has a NC cube of Porter i gave him from a brewday i had ....dated 20th April 2008

Ahhh... I remember that beer well. Suprising that it's lasted so well, given it's slightly unothordox filling method ;)

Flopinab & I made a schwartz in Feb 08. I fermented the last cube a month ago. currently lagering and waiting for the boys to sample on the upcoming isb brew day

No-chill cubes do last, but I do still think they're better used sooner rather than later. Same principle as cans of extract; they might not oxidise much but there are plenty of other negative chemical reactions that will happen over time that will detract from the quality of the beer.

About 12 months is my record.
Still came out great after that time. Mine are store in the fermentation coolroom though (all dark and a constant 17-18degC).

Doc

Back