Stored Itune Pocasts, Cant Retieve From External Hard Drive

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I love listening to my 'Brewing network podcasts' on my IPod when I travel an hour to work and hour back again .

To store them I got an external 500GB hard drive for my home computer ,where i put 'My Music' folder in the 'External hard' drive but the ITunes is on the main C drive and when i open ITunes there are no files in there .

I tried to link the storage of the files to the Itunes files I store in my ex hard drive , but dont seem to work .

Can anyone help as I have run out of space on my C drive .

Pumpy :(

Have you added the new folder to the library? I think that would work.

Edit: If you can't get it to work I accept beer as payment :lol:

Yep got Thursday night off this week :beerbang:
Only problem is I've got no car, will work it out. I've got that IPA I've been saving to bring along. :beer:

Pumpy

Need to change the location .... your external will be an E or F drive (hopefully). Edit>Prferences>Advanced Tab>Itunes Music Folder Location ....

You may need to kill all the tags in the App to the older files ... dunno ... but anyways ... thats 75% of it ...

Scotty

Actually Pumpy I think you will find you already know the problem...you just haven't realised it yet..... :D
If all goes well and no more hospital runs (two down with croupe) I'll be seeing you Thursday and give you more s*&t for using an iPod. ;)

I love listening to my 'Brewing network podcasts' on my IPod when I travel an hour to work and hour back again .

To store them I got an external 500GB hard drive for my home computer ,where i put 'My Music' folder in the 'External hard' drive but the ITunes is on the main C drive and when i open ITunes there are no files in there .

I tried to link the storage of the files to the Itunes files I store in my ex hard drive , but dont seem to work .

Can anyone help as I have run out of space on my C drive .

Thanks Mick , Scotty & Wambesi

I added the new folder to the library and that seems to have done the trick whist it has come up in a slightly different format, it is still cool .

Pumpy :)

You'll wanna check that you haven't just copied it onto your hard-drive - if memory serves, that is the default setting.

I'll sort it out for you tomorrow night pumpy will cost you a beer though lol :D

I'll sort it out for you tomorrow night pumpy will cost you a beer though lol :D

Thats Ok Franko thats cheaper than normal ,you normaly drink five beers . ;)

Another problem I have is some of my 'Brewing Network Podcasts' show as downloaded on ITunes .

but dont download onto my IPod .

Thats Ok Franko thats cheaper than normal ,you normaly drink five beers . ;)

Another problem I have is some of my 'Brewing Network Podcasts' show as downloaded on ITunes .

but dont download onto my IPod .

Have you synced your Ipod by going onto your Ipod and pressing sync music or are you managing your own files? If you've got plenty of room on your Ipod maybe just easier to auto sync.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Have you synced your Ipod by going onto your Ipod and pressing sync music or are you managing your own files? If you've got plenty of room on your Ipod maybe just easier to auto sync.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Beermat ,I have it syced to certain Ipod files and it works up to a point where I find certain files are not being loaded when I syc .

for eg it wont load the German Pilsner podcast yet I have listened to it before on the Ipod but wish to go back and listen again but the file not there on the IPod.

Have you moved it to the external drive but not told Itunes that its location is different?

Thanks Bum and Beermat ,I managed to get my Ipod to download 'ALL' my podasts that was the trick

God I knew playing with my 'Commadore 64' eight bit computer when I was a kid would pay off in later life .

Pumpy :)

Back