Store Bought Water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also planning on purchasing one, but not until I get a whole pile of other crap sorted out and can brew a lot better beers than I am, no point complicating it when my water is pretty good when you use the normal filters.. But once we build our house, it's going in the brew cave!

When you build your house, Get the biggest rain water tank you can.

Miss my 70,000 litres of rainwater storage

My comment on 'home brand' water directly relates to 'Home Brand' Spring Water, it is ******* disgusting, I don't know if its the water, the way its treated or just a shitty cheap bottle but when I have tried it, it was almost undrinkable and certainly not a taste I would be volunteraly putting in my beer.
There is another they sell at Woolies, I think its called Mangrove Mountain, could be wrong, its cheap in big 15l bottles IIRC and it also tastes prettty rank.
Hence, my suggestion to sample different brands.

yum beer said:
My comment on 'home brand' water directly relates to 'Home Brand' Spring Water, it is ******* disgusting, I don't know if its the water, the way its treated or just a shitty cheap bottle but when I have tried it, it was almost undrinkable and certainly not a taste I would be volunteraly putting in my beer.
There is another they sell at Woolies, I think its called Mangrove Mountain, could be wrong, its cheap in big 15l bottles IIRC and it also tastes prettty rank.
yum beer said:
Its pretty interesting, because all of the bottled water brands claim to be pure water.

It was probably bottled in some shitty plastic and left in the sun or something.. i saw some pallets of beer at the local Dans the other day sitting outside in the sun, went for a feed at the pub nearby, a couple of hours later the same pallets were still in the sun.

I remember once when i was in hospital a few years ago, i was given an Aroona (not sure if thats spelled correct or even the right brand) bottle of water, and i couldnt bring myself to drink it. Probably all run out of the same factory.

i found the solution to the water issue. i packed our shit up and moved house into town, now i have clean and clear water. no trying to calculate water costs into my brew expenses. on ward and upwards

thanks for all the replies, sadly to say no more buyin water off wookies lol.

Jongylary

Could be time to sell my Wookies shares, may be a down turn coming.

Good to see you took the easiest approach to fixing the water problem.

Back