Stir-Bar bulk buy anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. Thanks Mike for organising.

Golani51 said:
Hammo et al:

Would this one be of any use? I have a couple from a while back that never got used:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Light-Dimmer-Modulator-Brightness-Adjustable-Control-12V-24V-8A-LS4G-/400561483724?pt=AU_Lighting_Fans&hash=item5d43532fcc

I can hook this up to the fan with 12V input?

Thanks,

R
Missed this post... Probably ok. I dare say that it would use pwm or dc-dc conversion if it is 8A tolerant. In any case, its ratings are above the specs required, so should be fine.

Cheers for organising this BB.
I'm just waiting for my PWM controller to show up so I can give the bars a decent test run.

The PWM listed in my post above is fine. The chip inside is tiny, despite the big box and works a treat.

They are cheap too.....and that is an issue!

The chip connects to the potentiometer by three wires. They are very fine wires and the soldering is utter rubbish. They are extremely fine and in the case of the first one I tried, sometimes have one or more of the wires disconnected. I would strongly suggest that these are replaced. It only takes a minute or two and will make all the difference. It runs the fan for most of the rotation and is very smooth. If you use this or something similar, and the fan either runs or doesn't run when power is applied but cannot be varied, make sure to check these wires. I was pulling hair out because of this.

Ended up adding an LED to show it is getting power, switch, speed dial, and a plug in the back to allow for standard 12V power supplies to be unplugged and used in some other devices close by that are used periodically, so it is not a dedicated, hardwired power supply. Nothing out of the ordinary but I am happy with it. Added rubber feet to keep it nice and stable.....and funky.

I wouldn't mind adding an rpm display, but I will see where I can harvest it from. Not necessary but I like complicating things.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Latest posts

Back