Still Airlock Activity After Almost 4 Weeks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....so I guess it is all good and should bottle this weekend!!??

HeadBang.gif

Agreed M but this goose is cooked!

Add to that that it dropped from 1010 to 1006. Possibly not reading the hydrometer correctly but it's better to be certain than to risk bombs, non?

Also beer that is waited for tastes better than beer that is rushed. We should all be able to attest to that.

Yep. Yep.
Yep. Yep.

But nah.

Hope it turns out a cracker, AzDog.

Go for it mate. Experience tells me that very few (if any) ales will keep chewing away after more than 2 weeks. I generally bottle after 10 days at 18-20'C and 14 days at 16-18'C (after 20'C start). Either way, if the gravity is steady after a few days then you'll be fine.

Hell, bottle this weekend if thats when you've got time. As before, do NOT trust the airlock - trust the hydrometer.

Cheers mate - boingk

EDIT: Jesus, I missed the boat on this one...how quick (or sober?) do you guys post?

I must be a lone voice in the wilderness but I'm surprised people are recommending bottling when the OP has told us the brew is still dropping points (1010-1006).

Add to that it is a lager, not an ale (brewcellar lager yeast is genuine lager yeast) and being a corona clone kit, it may have come with dry enzyme and therefore drop as low as 1000.

The "but nah" was just me amusing myself. The 1010 was stated as being nearly a week ago (I think?). Did not consider the possibility of dry enzyme. As always, your counsel is wise.

Ive just kegged a dry lager kit from The Country Brewer , "Wals" brand , comes with lager yeast and a cluster hops bag.

OG was 1047 , I struggled to keep temps down to 14deg (brewed like a firecracker), and in a week it dropped to 1018. finally fermenting slowed down, and steadily decreasing SG, and 18 days later its in a keg at 1008. The last bit from 1010 to 1008 took 4 days , and there was still a bubble through airlock every 5 minutes-ish.

Rich.

Back