Stick On Temp Gauges

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyyu

Reaction score
with all this hot weather about how reliable are the stick on temp gauges ,how much do they reflect wort temp and alternatively external temp. i just put a brew down,and even though i used half tap and half fridge water the temp stayed at 32degrees which i believe is the air temp. the wort was cool to touch so i pitched the yeast anyway as this is an experiment i got a can of brewiser lager for 3 dollars from big w was out of date,any way thank you.

Not reliable at all. i have one still stuck on the side of one of my fermenters and it always reads about 4-5deg different to my SS probe immersed in the wort.

Cheers SJ

Not reliable at all. i have one still stuck on the side of one of my fermenters and it always reads about 4-5deg different to my SS probe immersed in the wort.

Cheers SJ
ta jim i thought as much ,i believe they reflect the higher temp in an enviroment being that the outside air temp is higher thats what you'll get.

Agree with SJ there. Better off taping it to your arse as it would prove to be as accurate.

Chap Chap

Yep, not worth sh#***

I still have them on my fermenters from my old K&K days. I now attach my Fridge Mate probe to the outside of the fermenter and insulate it from the surrounding ambient air. The stick on one always reads about 4 deg hotter.

Agree with SJ there. Better off taping it to your arse as it would prove to be as accurate.

Chap Chap

Typcial, that's your response to everything Chappo, "tape it to your arse and see what happens.."

Cheers SJ :p

Typcial, that's your response to everything Chappo, "tape it to your arse and see what happens.."

Cheers SJ :p

:lol: it's true!

Don't you know that is the standard ISO international test for anything and everything? Look it up. :icon_cheers:

Chap Chap

(ISO professional)

:lol: it's true!

Don't you know that is the standard ISO international test for anything and everything? Look it up. :icon_cheers:

Chap Chap

(ISO professional)

I would but you need to bend over first! :eek:

Cheers SJ

Latest posts

Back